Quantcast

Cheap, functional REAL toe clips?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I'm trying to rehab my leg/knee and a friend who's had a bunch of knee surgeries said road riding is a good form of PT.

I have a bike set up on a trainer and he mentioned building up the back of my thigh (is that the quad?) by using the trainer/clips to 'pull' with my bad leg.

I don't want to buy a set of shoes/pedals cause I only ride flats IRL. and... I'm broke.

I'm sure this is a long shot but, is there a better/ worse pedal clip I could pick up? worse come to worse, I think I could just duct tape a shoe to my pedal..?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Front of leg is the quadriceps, back is the biceps femoris. And they said I would never use my degree...

But to build/strengthen the hamstrings, I would reccomend stiff legged (Romanian) deadlifts, hamstring curls and alot of stretching in the area. Dont neglect the quads, or you risk developing a strength imbalance, and you will be right back in the doctors office.

I have used PowerGrips, mostly for winter riding (Wearing boots...) and/or commuting, and they work quite well. Still prefer my clip ins, but like others have said, for this purpose should be okay.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Front of leg is the quadriceps, back is the biceps femoris. And they said I would never use my degree...

But to build/strengthen the hamstrings, I would reccomend stiff legged (Romanian) deadlifts, hamstring curls and alot of stretching in the area.
you forgot good mornings.....

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I need to get back on the bikram / hot yoga, for sure.

Agree'd with the good mornings being bad for untrained backs. I've had back surgery so I try to be more aware of my back.

I have no local bike shop. I'm my own local bike shop.

JohnE - I don't go to doctors. That's for rich people.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
These don't cost $26

Loop one through the pedal and click it down till you still have just enough room to pull your foot out. You can even clip off the excess if you wanna get all fancy.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Being the handy man that I am (and broke man, too), I'll rig up something to work. With the money I save, I can buy some beer. I have a shelf that is perfect for holding a beer or five, while I ride the trainer bike.