Quantcast

Cheap guy PSA: Saint brakes on sale

0110-M-P

Monkey
Jun 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
You can also find Formula R0 and X0 Trails for similar prices around the 'net right now. Pretty awesome.
Only for 2012 models of the Formula RO though and even those are over $200/brake...if you found 2013 models for that price a link would be appreciated.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
They also have the Zee brakes for $129 btw. Was contemplating getting those instead. As far as I know the only difference is the lever adjustment, correct?

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
Personally, I wouldn't touch bluesky with a 1c stick. ****ty return service, and half of their stuff is out of box/oem and not labeled as such. I've had really good experiences with jenson.
Never had to return anything to Bluesky, so no comment there, but you're right about their stuff being out of box/oem. I bought Saint brakes and a Zee derailleur from them, and they were indeed out of box. Not that it really makes a difference, but I guess they should tell it how it is.

Jenson is my favorite e-retailer. Great service, fast shipping, and good prices. They also never turn down price matches, even if you ask them to match a price at some dodgy looking site that you wouldn't really want to order from.

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
They also have the Zee brakes for $129 btw. Was contemplating getting those instead. As far as I know the only difference is the lever adjustment, correct?
Also, Zee doesn't have free-stroke adjustment, which is a bit of a joke because it doesn't do squat anyway. And for the picky, Zee is a bit heavier, I think.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Never had to return anything to Bluesky, so no comment there, but you're right about their stuff being out of box/oem. I bought Saint brakes and a Zee derailleur from them, and they were indeed out of box. Not that it really makes a difference, but I guess they should tell it how it is.

Jenson is my favorite e-retailer. Great service, fast shipping, and good prices. They also never turn down price matches, even if you ask them to match a price at some dodgy looking site that you wouldn't really want to order from.
There was a big discussion on MTBR regarding their SLX brakeset. Most people won't and shouldn't care, but if Jenson sells stuff in the box, with instructions, as sold by the manufacturer, that's a plus in my book.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
When I bought my XT brakes, Jenson had them BNIB for less than the 'most awesomest LBS' had them as take offs zip tied together. Which is also nice, since I live 20 min from Jenson.

I really wish I had the coin right now for those Saints.

Last edited:

0110-M-P

Monkey
Jun 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Seriously contemplating picking up a set of these since I doubt I will ever find Formula RO's for this cheap.

Planning on 203F/180R....what rotors do people recommend with these brakes...Shimano RT86 Icetech, Shimano RT66 "regular", Hope Sawtooth floating or 1-pieces, other?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I have hayes v8s with my XT brakes. They've been flawless, and even made a cool "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" noise as they were breaking in. They're silent now.

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
There was a big discussion on MTBR regarding their SLX brakeset. Most people won't and shouldn't care, but if Jenson sells stuff in the box, with instructions, as sold by the manufacturer, that's a plus in my book.
Yup, agreed

yetihenry

Monkey
Aug 9, 2009
Whistler, BC
Just paid $230 including shipping/tax for a pair of Zees from Germany to Canada. Bike-mailorder.de I've used them a few times before, took about a week, and it's not a one time sale if people don't have the money/need for brakes right now.

FirstAscent

Chimp
Apr 23, 2013
Alaska
Sweet deal, I ordered the Saints over a month ago for the same price from a uk site but would have rather ordered from jenson. With that being said, I had no issues with mine and it was BNIB.

I ended up with the Hope floating rotors FWIW. But I think most rotors will have similar performance given they are the same diameter.