Quantcast

Cheap place to crash at Northstar?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Howdy, a couple buddies and I are heading to Northstar tonight, we won't be getting up there until around 11 and are only in town for one night. Anyone know of a cheap and easy place for 3 guys to crash from like 11 to about 9 in the morning?

Thanks, either way maybe we'll see some monkeys up there!

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Got tents? I'd let you sleep in my backyard. You can hose yourselves down in the morning if you want. I'm headed up there in the am also.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
probably the stairs, or maybe the loading dock, you won't have to buy a lift ticket so it will be cheap. If you buy a lift ticket, it really doesn't matter where you crash since you already paid the money, but I guess I'd ride all day long to make the most of it, and then crash on karpiel when im really really tired...:D

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I've heard Boreal is cheap. It's up on Donner pass before you get into Truckee (you're coming from the west right?). It's a little ski area that keeps lodging open year round. We're coming into tourist season right now and places in truckee or at the lake are getting pricey.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
kidwoo said:
I've heard Boreal is cheap. It's up on Donner pass before you get into Truckee (you're coming from the west right?). It's a little ski area that keeps lodging open year round. We're coming into tourist season right now and places in truckee or at the lake are getting pricey.
Thats were Acadian & Joe Pozer stay, they'll be there sat night, so watch your underwear :think: :nope:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Argh, I KNEW I should have edited that post, that was too easy for you guys.

Hey Dfinn, I really appreciate the offer. Since we'll be in late and out early we prolly won't even bother with tents and just sleep in bags under the stars, but one of us isn't too keen on the idea so he's trying to find a cheap hotel/motel. It's really nice of you to offer, and if we don't have anything figured out in the next few hours I'll drop you a PM with my phone # and maybe we can connect.

As for you other clowns, I seem to crash outside the Blue Agave more than anywhere else...but thanks... :D

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Ask surfinguru, I hear he's an expert when it comes to crashing at N*
:D :D :D

already been done but had to do it again ;)

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
OGRipper said:
Argh, I KNEW I should have edited that post, that was too easy for you guys.

Hey Dfinn, I really appreciate the offer. Since we'll be in late and out early we prolly won't even bother with tents and just sleep in bags under the stars, but one of us isn't too keen on the idea so he's trying to find a cheap hotel/motel. It's really nice of you to offer, and if we don't have anything figured out in the next few hours I'll drop you a PM with my phone # and maybe we can connect.

As for you other clowns, I seem to crash outside the Blue Agave more than anywhere else...but thanks... :D
yeah, just let me know. you can just setup your sleeping bags on the back porch. there's a good chance I won't be online after 4'ish so try and let me know before then.