Quantcast

Cheap Sixth Season Simpsons + a funny...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
So, for you Simpsons fans, the Sixth Season is $17.00 @ Buy.com:

Click!

...and now for what I found funny. I thought the packaging from that season was retarded - it wasn't even remotely rectangular and doesn't fit normally into a DVD shelf. It rests on a hinge, so it won't stand up by itself. Plus, the packaging edges are sharp, a pain to open, and the crap inside just falls out all over the place.

Well, someone gave this link to me: http://www.simpsonsbox.com

I think that's a riot. You can get free (well, free after S+H which is a very reasonable $2.95) replacement packaging for the crappy package they released the season in (after they call you whiny and anal, of course). That means that someone at Fox was bright enough to figure out that people were going to hate the new package, but decided (for cost cutting reasons, I'm sure), to release the stupid stamped plastic Homer head anyway. I gladly would have paid an extra $2 for a normal cardboard box package in the first place.

I wonder if they got enough of a response to go back to normal packaging for the 7th and newer seasons? I'm not so anal that I want perfectly matching packages, but a rectangular box instead of a sharp edged, funny shaped piece of stamped plastic would be nice.

Hope you Simpsons fans enjoy the link and current owners of the Sixth Season can get your normal boxes ;)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
binary visions said:
So, for you Simpsons fans, the Sixth Season is $17.00 @ Buy.com:

Click!

...and now for what I found funny. I thought the packaging from that season was retarded - it wasn't even remotely rectangular and doesn't fit normally into a DVD shelf. It rests on a hinge, so it won't stand up by itself. Plus, the packaging edges are sharp, a pain to open, and the crap inside just falls out all over the place.

Well, someone gave this link to me: http://www.simpsonsbox.com

I think that's a riot. You can get free (well, free after S+H which is a very reasonable $2.95) replacement packaging for the crappy package they released the season in (after they call you whiny and anal, of course). That means that someone at Fox was bright enough to figure out that people were going to hate the new package, but decided (for cost cutting reasons, I'm sure), to release the stupid stamped plastic Homer head anyway. I gladly would have paid an extra $2 for a normal cardboard box package in the first place.

I wonder if they got enough of a response to go back to normal packaging for the 7th and newer seasons? I'm not so anal that I want perfectly matching packages, but a rectangular box instead of a sharp edged, funny shaped piece of stamped plastic would be nice.

Hope you Simpsons fans enjoy the link and current owners of the Sixth Season can get your normal boxes ;)
LOL! I just bought the 6th season over the weekend for $17.88 or something like that and I thought the packaging was annoying as well! Maybe I'll get the normal cardboard box package to solve it!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The 7th season will be a plastic Marge box, similar to the Homer box. :D

I was curious about the replacement box when I bought season six, so I followed the instructions and called the toll free number. Pretty funny stuff. I was too lazy/cheap to follow through and order the regular box though.

Season 7 comes out in two weeks. WOO HOO!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I Are Baboon said:
The 7th season will be a plastic Marge box, similar to the Homer box. :D
I thought you were joking, so I looked it up on Amazon.com.

:mumble:

...but then I found that you have a choice of normal packaging, or the stupid head: http://tinyurl.com/eymu2

I didn't know the 7th Season was coming out so quickly! Score!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
binary visions said:
...but then I found that you have a choice of normal packaging, or the stupid head: http://tinyurl.com/eymu2

I didn't know the 7th Season was coming out so quickly! Score!
I'll buy whatever package is on the shelf at Costco. I bought Seinfeld 5 & 6 over the weekend. $32 each at Costco, $42 each at Best Buy. :rolleyes:

They've been releasing The Simpsons seasons every six months....usually in June/July then around holiday time. :)