Quantcast

Check out my new service loaner!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So - Chevy Express van with Quigley conversion or 4WD Sprinter?

Commence.
Wife and I were close to getting a 4WD Sprinter, but there's almost no availability and 12+ months wait time if you try to get new so we ended up going in another direction.

Build quality reports aren't what I'd want on what they charge for them either - having to peal off all the side trim and seal the mount holes on a brand new vehicle isn't my idea of a well made product.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Some of us do use them to do what they were designed to do, but most are urban grocery getters..

this is fair, and totally acceptable. but just as you actually use your f350, I don't need 60,000lb towing capacity on my alfa, and would be happy that there are pickup "utes" available, so that the brodozers have something else to drive than the wall'o'grille.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I drive an '05 wagon that can drive off road, carry 4 peeps and bikes or skis, and I can sleep in should the need arise.

I'd like a Porsche too. We'll see how Jim fares first.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
this is fair, and totally acceptable. but just as you actually use your f350, I don't need 60,000lb towing capacity on my alfa, and would be happy that there are pickup "utes" available, so that the brodozers have something else to drive than the wall'o'grille.
Yeah my daily driver is a 2000 Mercedes C280 sport. Only use the truck when I need it's capacity.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
That's one weird bonus. But good for her, assuming she wanted such a thing.
Weird as in unexpected, but needed and welcomed.

My old boss used to give such bonuses. He gave one of our managers a Harley one year. Mindset was that cash typically went to bills and people didn't really 'enjoy' the bonus as much as getting a gift that they wanted, but wouldn't treat themselves to having.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Weird as in unexpected, but needed and welcomed.

My old boss used to give such bonuses. He gave one of our managers a Harley one year. Mindset was that cash typically went to bills and people didn't really 'enjoy' the bonus as much as getting a gift that they wanted, but wouldn't treat themselves to having.
How'd that work out, taxed as income?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Plus registration and sales tax upon delivery.
Debbie Downer, you. (I had the same thoughts.)

That said, some of the car giveaway deals say they give some cash to cover TTL, but then how do you cover taxes on the cash given to cover TTL? It's endless, I tell ya, endless.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

That said, some of the car giveaway deals say they give some cash to cover TTL, but then how do you cover taxes on the cash given to cover TTL? It's endless, I tell ya, endless.
You offer to give the DMV a $50m penthouse condo?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004

I blame my book keeper.
Something as basic as rewarding an employee with Sox tickets turns into a papertrail nightmare if you follow the rules.