Quantcast

Check out my new (to me) Demo!

XJman07

Chimp
Aug 28, 2007
Folsom, CA
Just finished it up today. Havent had a chance to get a good ride on it yet but it looks amazing. I bought the frame used and powder coated it "liquid crystal", a super dark grey, almost black, with metallic flakes that show up in the sun. I also replaced all the bearings. Let me know what you guys think. I weighed it and it came in at 38.8lbs.

Here are the specs:
Frame: 2006 Demo 8 II
Fork: 2007 Marzocchi 888 RC2X
Headset: Chris King threadless
Shock: 2006 Fox DHX 5.0, PUSHed Feb. 2008
Wheels: Mavic 721, DT swiss E540
Cranks: Shimano Saint
Chain Guide: TBD
Brakes: Hayes HFX-9s 8"
Derailleur: Sram X.9 medium cage
Shifter: Sram X.7
Chain: Sram PC-971
Cassette: Shimano race
Handlebars: Easton EA50 mid-rise
Grips: ODI Rogue lock-on
Pedals: TBD
Seat: WTB Power-V
Seatpost: Thomson Elite

Im waiting on a chain guide which I also haven't decided on yet along with which pedals I want. So if you know what works good Im open for suggestions. Im really bad making decisions on my own
: )

Future upgrades when the bank account allows it:
Avid Codes
Mavic 823s, Hadley hubs, I9 spokes

XJman07

Chimp
Aug 28, 2007
Folsom, CA
OK ive become aware that I9 spokes will not work on hadley hubs.
Yeah im not to sure how accurate the scale is but Im gunna check again when its all done.

banrider

Monkey
Nov 24, 2004
are you running the special lower headset cup for that frame??I thought you couldnt run a Chris King headset as the lower cup should be a bit larger than normal...I'm looking myself on a Demo frame as well and this is what I've read..anyone knows more about it???

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
That looks awesome. I'd just get the silver link anodized/painted to match. And then a red headset to match the red (only other color aside from the grey on the bike). :D

stgil888

Monkey
Jun 16, 2004
Malibu, CA
Are you missing a washer/fitting where the shock eye bolt goes through the bearing on the drive side. I see yellow in the picture, looks like a bearing race. Usually you don't end up with a bolt head right against a bearing with Specialized, but I may be wrong.

demo8razor

Monkey
Mar 31, 2008
on that bolt, on my demo 8, there is no washer against the bolt head, but there is a washer before the nylock nut on the other side

Are you missing a washer/fitting where the shock eye bolt goes through the bearing on the drive side. I see yellow in the picture, looks like a bearing race. Usually you don't end up with a bolt head right against a bearing with Specialized, but I may be wrong.