Quantcast

Check out my new toy...Brrrrrrrraaaaaaappp!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Man, tough crowd. 50's are the tits! I weigh 185 and that thing takes me anywhere in a hurry. So fun to race with my friends. We all got em.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BurlySurly said:
Man, tough crowd. 50's are the tits! I weigh 185 and that thing takes me anywhere in a hurry. So fun to race with my friends. We all got em.
why don't ya get a pocket bike too trendy boy!

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Cause those things are cheap crap and 50s have rocked forever. Im gunna get a nalgene water bottle too ass eyes. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BurlySurly said:
Cause those things are cheap crap and 50s have rocked forever. Im gunna get a nalgene water bottle too ass eyes. :)
It just looks silly.
I mean a 125 isn't that much bigger. Get that atleast you won't look like a grown man who's to scared to ride a dirt bike.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
A 125 IS that much bigger. The point is the 10 inch wheels and the low power. Makes it super hard and fun. I guarantee if you went riding with us for just 1 hour you'd be dying to buy one. Sure you could lie, but I know you'd really want one. So much fun.

GeoffW

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
oh, 50's are sweet. I've got a Speedway from the 70's, moded a set of fox's to fit the rear, modded a DNM fork that was super cheap to the front, did a bunch of mods, kept the bike under $500 for the chassis, since I'm a briggs dealer, found a Animal Kart motor, modded it, spits out almost 11 horses to a bike that weighs under 70 lbs. will do 45+ mph on the straights. It's sweet for ripping around the cabin at the lake. Foes is a little too much though. I would want a lower ride height with these things than that thing has

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Echo said:
Braaaaaaaaap indeed! :D
It is more like a Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

with them damn underpowered and auto clutch'd machines. :D

Good thing your got it for cheap because they can be a $$$ pit. And I say that in a good way....way to many ways to spend $$$ on them.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Screw all these naysayers Burly... 50s are fun as hell. We had a dirt track out at my buddies place... he had 3 of these all fitted with extra wide bars to save the knees. Some of the funnest times ever were racing these little things around.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
RhinofromWA said:
It is more like a Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

with them damn underpowered and auto clutch'd machines. :D

Good thing your got it for cheap because they can be a $$$ pit. And I say that in a good way....way to many ways to spend $$$ on them.
Actually, its not autoclutch. The way a 50 works is when you move the shifter up, it engages the clutch. So instead of a seperate lever, its done all in one swoop.

I love the people bashing fiftys when they have a) never had the oppurtunity to ride one around a track with a bunch of buddies and b) know nothing about them.

Nice bike. How much didju pick it up for again ?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
As long as YOU enjoy them, that's cool.

I see them as being the same as a Honda Civic on two wheels.

You can get one for the price of a normal size car
You can put tons of money into them and the will never be "fast"
They are fun when a bunch of other people ride them, but no fun by yourself
They are too small and too under powered to be anything other than a toy
and no matter what your friends say, most chicks do not dig them

If you have fun, that's what matters. I paid less for my 400cc moto than most people I have seen put into a 50. But with mine, I can put a paddle tire on and hit the dunes, or trail ride for hours without getting a cramp.

Maybe if I was 5'8", I would see it different, but I look (and feel) too silly on a clown bike to spend $1000+ for one. But I might get one for my 5 year old daughter to ride.

kahner89

Monkey
May 25, 2006
spokanistan
i tried ridin one of my friends cycles and i was use ot ridin my bike that i fell over tryin to pick up speed, his was more leaned forward so it was difficult to ride

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
shirley

pillage mtb parts first
- find an 01 - 02 monster T... 7"
- buy an old fox vanilla RC

dialled suspension

then get out the wallet...
- swingarm

- 88 big bore kit or 124 if you wanna burn $$$

- exhaust

- find some decent pegs and get tall seat foam...

then ride the piss outta it and replace sh1t when it breaks... they can sure be money pits tho' as rhino mentioned... some people go way overboard with this crap...

have fun

:drool:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Would you retards read a thread date before posting? :rofl:

I sold that thing a long time ago.