Quantcast

Check out my sweet ride.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
downhillzeypher said:
Yeah. I'd be pretty damn jealous too.
That's very funny.

Are you a militant vegan as well as being so confused that you fantasize that people should be jealous of your relatively meaningless "environmental" gesture?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
justsomeguy said:
That's very funny.

Are you a militant vegan as well as being so confused that you fantasize that people should be jealous of your relatively meaningless "environmental" gesture?
Shut up. Geez... someone gets a new car and you have to try and crap on it?

Dave, why the switch? How you gonna carry the bike and shuttle us in that little thing?

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
justsomeguy said:
That's very funny.

if by relatively meaningless environmental gesture you mean saving 4 million dollars in gas, yeah, i'm jealous.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Dude be careful with that thing:

I heard the timing belts need replaced at 60k and the turbo will blow out through the hood at 100k...should have saved your money damn college punk.

Sorgie

Monkey
May 20, 2005
Rochester
Nice! My wife has a black one. I love it. She averages around 50 mpg and most of her driving is highway and hills (the worst two scenarios for a hybrid because you're using the gas more than the battery). I picked on her for being a hippy when she first got it:D , but now I take it every chance I get. Enjoy!

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Spitfired said:
It's all right!
Bush has a new plan to save gas - Everybody drive backwards.
Well, his old plan didn't work. You know, "only get gas if you need it." While that was very profound, for some reason it just didn't work out. Maybe no one listened or maybe it was a bad plan...

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I can't wait until they come out with normal looking hybrids...

Although I can wait for the tax hike when gas sales begin to drop.

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
We just got the call yesterday that we were on the top of the waiting list after 3 months. We should have a blue one in the next couple of weeks. Downhillzeypher, what do you think of it so far?

toby

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
justsomeguy said:
That's very funny.

if by meaningless you mean conserving non renewable fossil fuels and keeping gas prices and use down for all you people who cant get over the size of their penis enough to step down to at least a v-6 then yes would be the answer.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Originally Posted by justsomeguy
That's very funny.

if by meaningless you mean conserving non renewable fossil fuels and keeping gas prices and use down for all you people who cant get over the size of their penis enough to step down to at least a v-6 then yes would be the answer.
I think his car is a six cylinder.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
Is it totally wrong to put roof racks on one of those? I'd have to if I got one...

Tenchiro, the Camry is the next one Toy is hybridizing.

After that (I hope) the Taco...:drool:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Barbaton said:
Is it totally wrong to put roof racks on one of those? I'd have to if I got one...

Tenchiro, the Camry is the next one Toy is hybridizing.

After that (I hope) the Taco...:drool:

What would be the point of a hybrid truck? It would have no power for offroading :think:

The Prius' are cool, one of my friends has one. I like the bluetooth stuff in it, and not needing a key :thumb:

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
biggins said:
So let me get this straight, people with engines with more than 6 cylinders have penis size issues. How did you determine that? Personal inspection of your buddies? How about those women driving V8s, etc.? They're somehow concerned about the size of their penises? If someone jumps out of their V8 and into a four banger, their penis size changes or they somehow "get over the size of their penis"? Please explain.

I know you've set the magic acceptable cylinder count and arrangement at a V6 but how about other six cylinder engines? Are they ok or are they as evil as their larger and/or more V-shaped brethren?

p.s. The comment was "relatively meaningless" not "meaningless." There's a difference. Please show me how the Prius is impacting my gas prices. Thanks again.

p.p.s. Hopefully you can laugh at yourself and not spiral downward into an abyss of inadequacy (again) and promise to retire from these mean forums (again).

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
justsomeguy said:
p.s. The comment was "relatively meaningless" not "meaningless." There's a difference. Please show me how the Prius is impacting my gas prices. Thanks again.
It's not about YOUR gas prices.

In addition I ask again why do you feel the need to come into a thread and try to crap all over it? Does putting other people down make you feel better about yourself? :nuts:

Kopiklokoli

Monkey
Jul 31, 2004
Nor Cal, of course
BigMike said:
What would be the point of a hybrid truck? It would have no power for offroading :think:

Actually electric engines provide more low end torque than gas engines, which is why the Honda accord hybrid is faster then is standard counterpart. Check the Honda website, they describe it as "the most powerful and fuel efficient accord ever"

I have had a Prius for the last year or so, it’s awesome. You really can’t beat 55-60 miles to the gallon, that is 600 miles on a tank of gas if you drive conservatively. Call me a "radical environmentalist" if you want, but I believe that I'm doing the right thing for the planet.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
Kopiklokoli said:
BigMike said:

Actually electric engines provide more low end torque than gas engines, which is why the Honda accord hybrid is faster then is standard counterpart. Check the Honda website, they describe it as "the most powerful and fuel efficient accord ever"

I have had a Prius for the last year or so, it’s awesome. You really can’t beat 55-60 miles to the gallon, that is 600 miles on a tank of gas if you drive conservatively. Call me a "radical environmentalist" if you want, but I believe that I'm doing the right thing for the planet.
and my volvo will roost it. lets cut 1st and ride next weekish when my thumb heals

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
No... I can't haul bikes and there is no roof rack option... I've been phasing out of mtb for a while now (I can't afford to pay for all the crap I break + racing expenses) so I'm getting a BMX pretty soon and I'll race that.

Mike- My parents needed a car for right now until they paid off my truck and could get a lexus. It's kind of my graduation present. It's only mine on weekends and evenings, but it's gonna be perfect for college.

Justsomeguy... chill. I don't know why you think I'm vegan... or even why you think it'd be insulting (nothing wrong with vegans), but I like my car, I like how practical it is, and how it'll be perfect for college.

Toby- awesome car. Milage that makes you really stop caring for "gas money" or making extra trips. Doesn't do much in the way of utility if you're used to having a truck or SUV, but it's a great commuter car. Watch the blind spots though, the rear window is a trip. (and if you're sharing the car, watch how competitive you get to see who can get the best milage)

3 months?! We were @ 2 months when we got ours. Package 3, white with no choice in interior.

SD_TMTB

Chimp
Jun 26, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Kopiklokoli said:
You really can’t beat 55-60 miles to the gallon, that is 600 miles on a tank of gas if you drive conservatively.
Speaking of MPG if anyone watches Top Gear they got about 800 miles out of one tank of gas in the new Audi diesel.....
of course he was driving slow and only re-started the car once and had nothing turned on....very conservatively

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
BigMike said:
The Prius' are cool, one of my friends has one. I like the bluetooth stuff in it, and not needing a key :thumb:
I would be so paranoid about both those as they have been proven to be easily hackable already.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Ciaran said:

In addition I ask again why do you feel the need to come into a thread and try to crap all over it? Does putting other people down make you feel better about yourself? :nuts:
I think he must be driving a V8.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
Ciaran said:
Reading comprehension isn't your strongest suit, eh?

Here's some help:

"keeping gas prices and use down for all you people"

Ciaran said:
In addition I ask again why do you feel the need to come into a thread and try to crap all over it? Does putting other people down make you feel better about yourself?
Which part of "discussion" are you struggling with? Original poster guy seems to think that everyone should be jealous of his car. Some are, some aren't and a discussion ensued. And your panties got all twisted but that's a seperate discussion.

kinghami3 said:
I think he must be driving a V8.
Nope, today my wife drove the V8 and I rode to work, then came home and drove a flat 6.

I'm still unsure of what anatomical changes I can anticipate when I tow with the V8 this weekend. I'll have to wait for that other goofball to clarify the rules for me.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
justsomeguy said:
So let me get this straight, people with engines with more than 6 cylinders have penis size issues..(more worthless ramblings)
To use your own logic on your own statement Does one cease being a militant vegan when they drive a pickup instead of a hybrid?

Dude, you hate on his car with some stereotype and then defend against stereotypes when they are hurled at you.

Can you see the hypocracy there?

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
Zark said:
To use your own logic on your own statement Does one cease being a militant vegan when they drive a pickup instead of a hybrid?
Show me a militant vegan driving a pickup and I'll show you one very conflicted person.

No hypocrisy, just a whole bunch of amusement at someone picking an arbitrary number of cylinders as some kind of golden rule.