Quantcast

Check out these Badass RIDING shoes I made Kizzi buy me...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
...I only hope they wear as well as they look.

And just for the sake of conversation, I hate the whole "fruit salad" look of most MTB gear out there these days. I find that mountain biking should be some kind of a "natural" thing, so I dont know why people dress up like radioactive toxic waste when they ride around. Take it easy on the fauna and tone it down people.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
BurlyShirley said:
And just for the sake of conversation, I hate the whole "fruit salad" look of most MTB gear out there these days. I find that mountain biking should be some kind of a "natural" thing, so I dont know why people dress up like radioactive toxic waste when they ride around. Take it easy on the fauna and tone it down people.
I tend to agree and usually wear black or nuetral colors but some people don't want to get Cheney'd or Lemond'd out there...:)

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
yeah, the misspelling of "buy" really confused me. i thought you made them for kizzi.

i still like Specialized's shoes.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
BurlyShirley said:
I find that mountain biking should be some kind of a "natural" thing, so I dont know why people dress up like radioactive toxic waste when they ride around. Take it easy on the fauna and tone it down people.

Thas' how I roll.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

Since I've never been clipped in, these are the only shoes I need.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
the Inbred said:
i still like Specialized's shoes.
I have had the same pair of spec. shoes for the past three years. They have seen more miles than I could count, but their time has come and gone. The soles are peeling off and the velcro is wearing out. Time for something new.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
johnbryanpeters said:
I'm going to be shopping soon, I'm unhappy that I can't find anything with ankle protection like my current AXOs.
I think Adidas Hematomas come in hightop.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
johnbryanpeters said:
I'm going to be shopping soon, I'm unhappy that I can't find anything with ankle protection like my current AXOs.
For protection against the crank? The Specialized shoes I have are like lighter weight hiking boots and have a raised ankle on the inside. It works pretty good. I think they were called Rockhoppers if I remeber rightly. I got them like 3 years ago too.

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
jdcamb said:
I want to learn more about this making women buy you stuff thing you speak of?

find yourself a good girlfriend and she'll willingly do stuff like that for you. best of luck...we aren't easy to find!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
kizzi77 said:
find yourself a good girlfriend and she'll willingly do stuff like that for you. best of luck...we aren't easy to find!
I would be happy with one that has something in common with me. Most women my age have so much baggage that I need to hire a moving company to as it all won't fit in my truck. Most younger women are to careless and drunk to take seriously. I find very few attractive athletic women in my area. Either that or they are so needy that I run away from them screaming.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
BurlyShirley said:
I think Adidas Hematomas come in hightop.
I've been wearing Hematomas for damn near all clipped in riding (XC, DH, 4X, AND road) that I 've been doing for three years, and I LOVE them... great ankle protection, stiff sole, hard toebox for nasty rocks n' such... and yet they still feel pretty dang comfortable. And they're black and white, not NOO-KYOO-LAR colored. :D