Quantcast

Check out Wente Scout Reservation

lukebikes

Chimp
Dec 30, 2007
bay area
is it a place where u can just go ride for hte day or do u have to go to the camp. is it all mountain cx riding also? or any good dh bike worthy trails

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
is it a place where u can just go ride for hte day or do u have to go to the camp. is it all mountain cx riding also? or any good dh bike worthy trails
Na, you have to be a scout there, or work there. its just something I thought I would post up. The best MTB boy scout camp in America is in Norcal, if that tells you anything.

But mostly xc trails and sing track. One pump track, a few very small Djs, and some ladders and log fun. Theres also a lake jump.

East Bay Rich

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
WC CA
One of the troup leaders attended the Jan. BTCEB mtg and mentioned they might open it up to general use during non-scout months. Since there are minors there that they're responsible for, they need to keep it private property when scouts are using the camps and trails.
ebR

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
Hmmm.....our little guy is a Cub Scout. Wonder if that can get us in?
Lots of scout masters and dads with kids in the camp come up and ride the trails, but I think you need to be in a troop at boyscout level.

All the trails are handmade btw, that just makes everything all the better.

I am not sure about the winter though, I do know they rent out cabins of some sort to the general public as but I believe it is going to open next winter for riding. Just remeber that now it is considered privet property. If you are really interested you can drop kevin an e-mail from the site.

cppcboy

Chimp
Feb 8, 2008
So one of the loopholes is that anyone is allowed to rent out one of the cabins or a 3000sq ft lodge and as a result be allowed to ride the trails in the off-season. But currently only half of the trails have marked entrances.