Quantcast

Check THIS frame mod out....DARWIN is at work here!!

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
i don't know, as soon as i get details i'll post'm. if i was a shop employee i'd surely get fired as i'd just have to start laughing, pointing, and suggesting sterilization so as to not further contaminate the gene pool...

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
so i just got off the phone with my friend who posted the pic. the dude had one of those supergo/access frames and thought it would be a good idea to try to make the 8" rotor fit where a 6" rotor was 'sposed to go.

he said they are going to refuse to work on it and make the dude sign a waiver stating that he was warned catastrophic frame failure is imminent.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
JRogers said:
Not only is that one of the dumbest things I've ever seen, it's not like there's a huge difference between a 6 and 8 in. rotor...

Sure there is, roughly 20% more stopping power. More surface area per rotation, more friction, etc.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
OGRipper said:
Sure there is, roughly 20% more stopping power. More surface area per rotation, more friction, etc.
Yeah, but if you compare 2 well set-up brakes, one with large rotors and the other with smaller ones, the difference is not that big. Brake type, setup and pad compound matter way more than the sheer size of the rotor.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
JRogers said:
Yeah, but if you compare 2 well set-up brakes, one with large rotors and the other with smaller ones, the difference is not that big. Brake type, setup and pad compound matter way more than the sheer size of the rotor.
The difference is not enough to destroy a frame over...

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
ridetoofast said:
he said they are going to refuse to work on it and make the dude sign a waiver stating that he was warned catastrophic frame failure is imminent.
I would say that catastrophic brain failure had already occurred.