Quantcast

check this out...wow...

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...

Paper-thin, foldable battery to attach to clothes

Japan's NEC has developed a thin, foldable battery to be used in cards or clothes, leading to new possibilities such as people walking through ticket gates with fare passes in their pockets. The 0.3-millimeter (0.012-inch) thick battery can support tens of thousands of signal transmissions on a single charge and can be recharged in less than 30 seconds, NEC said.

The battery "will be used extensively in the future to power all kinds" of gadgets ranging from electronic paper to tags that trace retail goods in real-time, it said.

It is "bringing us closer to a ubiquitous networked society by allowing access to the network anytime, anywhere," an NEC statement said.

It will open the way for small wearable computers, such as ticket cards that can be attached to a person's clothes, it said.

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
manimal said:
ummm...wow...i can see this technology going in a bad direction.
you mean like networked national id cards that trace your every movement. george orwell (edit: thanks to bldr_dh) was only about 20-25 years off with his 84 date. it would be nice if im just being paranoid but something like that in my lifetime will surprise me about as much as the sun setting tonight...

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
ridetoofast said:
orsen wells was only about 20-25 years off with his 84 date.
Close, Geroge Orwell. :thumb:

I can see that having a lot of potential, both for good things and for bad things. I have a feeling society would shoot down most of the bad things (at least in our culture). And the good things? Just imagine: cell phone pants. :D

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
yeah i didnt have my java yet...what was i thinking.

call me paranoid, i have no love of/for my gvt. i really do hope im wrong but i seriously doubt it.

and just why exactly do you want cell phone pants huh? :devil:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Potroast88 said:
Cell phone pants would be cool. Every time I get an erection, my pants could make booty calls for me.
Just make sure you got your phone programmed correctly, otherwise you might end up on the line with your mom.:p :blah: