Quantcast

checked out some new trails today

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
There's 100-some undeveloped acres behind my house, most of which have no posted signs or anything. I'm pretty sure a local orthodontist owns the land, but there are trails "cut" and no posted signs which to me is an open invitation. I've hiked the trails a couple of times this winter, and they seemed promising, so today I got out the 575 for further investigation.

I rode for about an hour, though I don't think I really covered much ground. I stopped frequently to get my bearing and see where trails went. I snapped some pics at a few of the stops as well.

All in all, it was a good ride, and I think there is a lot of potential once the snow melts. There were some good rock piles that were just off the cut trails, and some rooty sections. And I'm sure all the snow hid some stuff. I'm not sure how long the trail system is - not very, I do know that much - but it should be good enough for after work rides. Plus, I can't really complain considering they are literally right out my back door.

Here are some of the pics I took (click the thumbnails for bigger pics).

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Maybe - the riding is still pretty dang tough because of the snow. If it clears up just a little more, then definitely.