Quantcast

Cheers to Sam...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
A little while ago, my sisters friends son died resultant from injuries suffered via an IED blast in Afghanistan. Sam was 20 years old. I wore his name is a 5k run to remember last month, now I would like to ask all Monkeys a favor. Sam used to tease his mother about shotgunning a beer with her on his 21st birthday. He never made it. Someone has started a "Cheers to Sam" event on Facebook...asking folks to have a drink of whatever in honor of Sam on what would be his 21st birthday. Please take a time out on the 14th of August to remember Sam Watts, and every other mothers son who will never get to (legally) have a taste.

Here is the FB link for those of you with FB...

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/events/372529866151654/?notif_t=plan_user_joined

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Sam used to tease his mother about shotgunning a beer with her on his 21st birthday. He never made it. Someone has started a "Cheers to Sam" event on Facebook...asking folks to have a drink of whatever in honor of Sam on what would be his 21st birthday. Please take a time out on the 14th of August to remember Sam Watts, and every other mothers son who will never get to (legally) have a taste.
Damn. It's revelations like that hit the hardest. It makes you realize how young these guys really are.

Joined. I'll have a drink for Sam and wish there had been a better way.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
309254_4170971186289_838584602_n.jpg530220_4167743825607_1830270677_n.jpg

Was a good day, good day for Sam. Over 2500 people around the world celebrated his birthday that we know of, and over 22,000 were invited, so many more were aware. Happy birthday Sam, thank you and your family for your sacrifices. I know you wont be, but I pray you will be one of the last...

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."

Patton

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Had to resurrect this...2 years ago a bunch of you awesome types drank a beer in honor of a kid you didnt know, and made his Mom very happy...

Drinking one now for Sam, and all the other Sams and Samanthas who never made it to their 21st because they went to fight some stupid old mans war for him.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Doing it again,,,had a new crew of reprobates tip one for Sam tonight. Sams Mom is still taking his death hard...I dont think a Mother ever truly gets over things of this nature. Too young, and for what?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Rough week.

Rode to the local to have a couple in Sams honor the other night, along with all the other kids who didn't come home or left pieces of themselves in places even their HS geography teacher couldn't find. Sam was killed in Afghanistan, and I wonder if anyone today can honestly say it was worth even a single life.

It wasn't.

Its not getting any easier.

#neverforget
#neverforgotten

Beer for Sam.jpg