Quantcast

Cheese lovers paradise

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Just had another dynamite local cheese, Saxon Homestead Saxony. It is a made from free range, grass fed, cows milk & is unpasteurized. The thing that struck me about this cheese is the wild finish that creeps up on you well after a bite.

I highly recommend it. :thumbs:

Stray_cat

Monkey
Nov 13, 2007
Providence
*sigh* I think my allergic reaction to dairy has reinstated itself. No cheese, without feeling of sickness. This thread makes me sad.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Just had another dynamite local cheese, Saxon Homestead Saxony. It is a made from free range, grass fed, cows milk & is unpasteurized. The thing that struck me about this cheese is the wild finish that creeps up on you well after a bite.

I highly recommend it. :thumbs:
I find it sad that the term 'free range, grass fed' needed to be put in the description of a cheese.

Here its a given.

I should take a pic of the supermarket's cheese sections for you.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I find it sad that the term 'free range, grass fed' needed to be put in the description of a cheese.

Here its a given.

I should take a pic of the supermarket's cheese sections for you.
Agreed.....& yes you should. :drool:

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Got another good one this weekend.

Pleasant Ridge Reserve a single herd cheese inspired by farmstead cheeses from the alpine provinces of southeastern France.

The length of this cheese is amazing. I definitely recommend it if you can get your hands on it.

Had it with a S. African Chard & it was tasty but I imagine there is not much that wouldn't pair well with it. I am thinking a Pils would be good.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Is it longer than a metre?

'Cause that would be long.
Wait, what are we measuring?

Really though, raw milk cheeses can't be f'd with. I swear I can taste the smells of the pasture these cows grazed in.

I may never eat pasteurized cheese ever again. :clapping:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
*sigh* I think my allergic reaction to dairy has reinstated itself. No cheese, without feeling of sickness. This thread makes me sad.

And with a simple bump of the thread I return it to your nauseated attention. :D

For a major dairying country cheese in NZ sucks. :(
for the love of Fromage where can I get some decent UNpasturized cheese around here. *sob*

been years since I last had a brie or camenbert that was all runny inside.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
More cheesy goodness... One from WI & one from France both made with raw milk...

Had some Morbier this week that was good but suffocated from being wrapped in plastic wrap. It was good but not good to its full potential. Whole Foods-->TEH FAIL.

Also had some Roth's Private Reserve from Roth Kase here in WI. It is another Alpine style raw cows milk cheese not as impressive as the Pleasant Ridge Reserve. It didnt have that wild bovine & grassy finish that the PRR had but was good none the less just not outstanding.

The Roths was great a New Glarus Organic Revolution Ale & just as good with a Gamay from the Loire.