Quantcast

Cheesy USA Cheap Things?

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
A gun and some bootstraps. It’s almost the Fourth of July so store should have a bunch of stuff. Small kids fireworks.

a month ago I went to party city and they had confetti cannons. So I bought two. Didn’t know what to expect. Well it’s a cannon and sounded like one and sprayed an extreme amount of confetti in the house. Everyone loved it. Now I wanna get some more and get my buddies house when I visit.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
A device that literally robs one's soul, leaving a hulking hateful insecure mass that lashes out in horribly ignorant ways.

I suggest an iphone with the facebook app preloaded.

Made in china but you can put an eagle on it.

or like junkyard said, a gun

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
So, I have a friend that just got citizenship. Looking for cheap, token stuff to bring to a party. Already getting toothpick US and Canadian flags, any brilliant ideas?
just tell him/her to punch anyone in the throat who gives unsolicited thoughts on politics in public...

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Where did the immigrate from? I’m assuming Canadaland based on the mini Canadian flags.

No better time than now to introduce them to real, freedom loving bacon, not that floppy ham they sought refuge from.

Maybe a tape measure in God’s increments, not those weird mini-miters or whatever they use up there.

Milk in a bottle instead of the bag like those savages drink?

A 128oz soda?

Forever stamps, that’s actually a semi serious suggestion, those things are awesome and I’ve got them with all sorts of Americana on them, the flag, liberty bell, Purple Heart. Welcome to America, please enjoy our one truly function government

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
A device that literally robs one's soul, leaving a hulking hateful insecure mass that lashes out in horribly ignorant ways.

I suggest an iphone with the facebook app
a phone was never needed for that....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Cheese Whiz.

Kraft singles.

Real, full bodied ice cream. None of this "Frozen Dessert" nonsense thats proliferated in the Canadian market.

An NRA membership.

A copy of your latest itemized bill after knee surgery.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@maxyedor I will have you know that that flappy ass bacon you mention is a disgrace to all bacons! :rofl:

How about fireworks? Explosives are pretty lame and limited up here in Canaderp.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Canada to USA? Mistake. Welcome to a lifetime of filing annual USA and Canada tax returns.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I'm just hoping I'm still around for the big party... really looking like I won't be available for The Big Stupid Ride™ that's being planned.

Canada to USA? Mistake. Welcome to a lifetime of filing annual USA and Canada tax returns.
Not actually true WRT filing taxes in both places. You just file in one, and typically the place where you make your money. I'm pretty sure I asked him this a while back, actually.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Not actually true WRT filing taxes in both places. You just file in one, and typically the place where you make your money. I'm pretty sure I asked him this a while back, actually.
It is true depending on what ties you have to Canada. Primary residential ties can include things like owning property, or secondarily maintaining a Canada drivers license or bank accounts. (https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/international-non-residents/individuals-leaving-entering-canada-non-residents/non-residents-canada.html) If you divest completely you're considered non-resident to Canada, and don't have to file... and the Canada/US tax treaty means you pay the higher party the bulk.

Now, going to other direction (*ahem*), regardless of your non-resident US status, you have to file, and if you know what's good for you, you don't invest anything but your retirement savings.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Kinda sorta. I pay taxes on both sides of the puddle. Some you just cannot avoid paying even if not a resident, depends on each country. Getting the US password means you are filing a shitload of paperwork for the rest of your life though.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
It is true depending on what ties you have to Canada. Primary residential ties can include things like owning property, or secondarily maintaining a Canada drivers license or bank accounts. (https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/international-non-residents/individuals-leaving-entering-canada-non-residents/non-residents-canada.html) If you divest completely you're considered non-resident to Canada, and don't have to file... and the Canada/US tax treaty means you pay the higher party the bulk.

Now, going to other direction (*ahem*), regardless of your non-resident US status, you have to file, and if you know what's good for you, you don't invest anything but your retirement savings.
Kinda sorta. I pay taxes on both sides of the puddle. Some you just cannot avoid paying even if not a resident, depends on each country. Getting the US password means you are filing a shitload of paperwork for the rest of your life though.
Got it, that makes sense. So it seems that Teh Canadian won't be filing in both countries is due to his particular situation i.e. that he is a non-resident and divested completely from Canadia. Which makes sense since he's been here for like 10 years. My mistake.