Quantcast

Chicken Pineapple Curry

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I had THE BEST dish EVER last night at Deschutes Brewery. One wouldn't think a brewery would have good food, but that place alwasy impresses me. It was big strips of grilled chicken with red and green bell pepper and chunks of pineapple over jasmine rice served with an unbelievably awesome curry sauce. I just can't stop thinking about it.

I need a recipe for it, I wonder if they'd share it?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Heidi said:
I had THE BEST dish EVER last night at Deschutes Brewery. One wouldn't think a brewery would have good food, but that place alwasy impresses me. It was big strips of grilled chicken with red and green bell pepper and chunks of pineapple over jasmine rice served with an unbelievably awesome curry sauce. I just can't stop thinking about it.

I need a recipe for it, I wonder if they'd share it?
I bet they would. Their website has a bunch of recipes of stuff from their menu.

http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/BrewPub/Recipes/default.aspx

You could also try this: http://www.joegrossberg.com/archives/002047.html

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
deschutes has a great menu, in addition to having the best beer i can think of. last time we were out there, i think we ate there every night.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Heidi said:
It was big strips of grilled chicken with red and green bell pepper and chunks of pineapple over jasmine rice served with an unbelievably awesome curry sauce.
Was it a creamy sauce? It could have been a pa-naang (sp?) sauce: coconut milk, curry, a little fish oil, red/green bell peppers...

hucked2bend

Monkey
May 24, 2005
Bend, Oregon
Hey there Heidi!

We must have just missed ya at Deschutes, seems our schedule is running about 2 hrs behind ya'll ; )

There is always tonight (we have eaten out every night except one since we moved here ; )

Stu

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
hucked2bend said:
Hey there Heidi!

We must have just missed ya at Deschutes, seems our schedule is running about 2 hrs behind ya'll ; )

There is always tonight (we have eaten out every night except one since we moved here ; )

Stu

Hey there!

Tonight we are starting at Anthony's over in the Old Mill - they have a nice big patio out by the river. Plus, $2 local microbeers until 6. Not sure where we'll go after that.

See ya around.