Quantcast

Chicken

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Take 2 chicken breasts cut the bones away and Milanese the breasts. Let them get to room temp. Get some eggs and Panko. Double dip the breasts in the eggs and Panko. Heat your Iron pan with some cheap ass Olive oil and half as much grape seed oil and maybe a little butter, Carefully Fry the breasts in the heated oil until they are brown. Paper towel them. Before they cool put some Mozzerala and Parmesan on them and finish them in the oven 350 for 30 minutes. Dribble the grape seed oil or butter on the breasts to brown the cheese, Chopped Parsley is a nice finish....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Leanns Chinois Bourbon Chicken

1½ lbs. chicken thighs (I used boneless skinless)
½ cup low sodium soy sauce
¼ cup oil
¼ cup vinegar
¼ cup bourbon
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon crushed or sliced ginger (fresh, not dried)
4 cloves crushed garlic
4-5 green onions, cut into thirds or sliced
1 cup uncooked basmati rice Just cook some minute rice

The night before: Combine the soy sauce, oil, vinegar, bourbon, and brown sugar in a bowl. Whisk until combined. Place the chicken in a baking dish (a casserole pan or something with high sides) with lid and pour the sauce over the chicken. Toss in the ginger, garlic, and half of the green onions. Cover and marinate overnight (or for as many hours as you have before baking).

That day: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Uncover the chicken and bake directly in the marinade for 45 minutes, basting the chicken with the sauce periodically and/or turning the pieces upside down to get them baking in the sauce on both sides. Cook the rice.

When the chicken is done, turn the oven temperature to broil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes to get a nice, browned exterior on the chicken. Remove and serve whole or cut, with extra sauce and scallions, over the rice.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Calvados - of course! Only made it once. On the stove. Still have 2/3 bottle of Calvados. I should just drink it.

Oh, and the Saltimbocca... sauce is good enough to just drink. :drool:
Little known fact. The shape of the Calvados bottle is to be an effective weapon for knocking someone in the head. I like it as a Aperitif.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
we have chickens. sometimes they lay eggs. sometimes they don't. most of the time i want to simply turn them loose in the woods behind our house. they were not my idea. i don't think they'd be terribly meaty to eat, or taste particularly good, no matter how they were prepared. *le sigh*

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
we have chickens. sometimes they lay eggs. sometimes they don't. most of the time i want to simply turn them loose in the woods behind our house. they were not my idea. i don't think they'd be terribly meaty to eat, or taste particularly good, no matter how they were prepared. *le sigh*

My neighbor tried raising chickens. Something found them very tasty. Probably a fox.