Quantcast

Chico Trails

bikeninja

Chimp
Mar 1, 2004
Santa Cruz
Hi. I might be going to Chico next year for school. I was wondering if anybody knew what the trails are like around there. are there any? I race dh so i'm looking for stuff like that. how close are they to the campus? I live in Santa Cruz and I am spoiled because all the trails are five minutes from my house. also dirt jumps. are there many dirt jumps around that area?
thanks.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
There are tons of trail around here, For various skill levels, but most of the trails are in bidwell park and most of those trail are rocky as hell. The farther up in the foothills you go, the better the trails get. Bidwell isn't too far from CSU if im not mistaken.

As for dirt jumps, I'm not as sure, i know of a couple.......But i'm just getting into it myself....

Pm me for any other questions.

whoopnar

Monkey
Sep 11, 2004
Chico, CA
There are 50 miles of trails within Bidwell Park. Also, CSUC has a collegiate cycling team. Anyone can join as long as you pay the fee.

Jun 9, 2004
Chico
Yeah, most of the riding is up in Bidwell park. It is pretty rough and rocky, but lots of fun. THe team just hosted our hometown race this weekend. The DOwnhill event was held at the lake Oroville damn. It was a nice course top time was 4:26 which is rather long for a small time collegiate course. I have not found many jumps up here yet, this is my first year here at school, But there are some sweet drops up in the hills just outside of town, if you are into that kind of thing. Hope we see you up here next year.

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
I drive to chico everyday and I'm only there for about 1-2 hours before driving back to sac and it's damn flat the whole way... Was the race down the side of the lake? I see no hills... hahha

BRacing

Monkey
Feb 3, 2003
NorCal
The DH race this past weekend was down the side of the Oroville dam. The course is the OLD KHS Knobular Series DH.

It has been held at Seals Ranch the past few years though.

-B

Jun 9, 2004
Chico
chicodude01 said:
Whoa.... Where are the Sweet drops? Paradise? we gotta hook up so you can show me some..........

You know where horseshoe lake is? RIght by the Chico Rod and Gun club in upper bidwell there is an old brick-like structure that sits on the side of the hill. There are lines going off of it anywhere from like 2 to 6+ feet. I have some buddies that have mentioned 8+ feet drops further into the parks, i will have to ask about exactly where those are.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Yea...Ive hit that brick thing before......no transition really.I've found a few in paradise, but i want to get my new frame to hit that stuff, my XC bike wont have it......

ahbrooks

Chimp
Dec 30, 2003
ca/ct
there are definitely dirt jumps in chico. I think the place is called chico nut, or something like that. A friend of mine is going to school up there, I'll ask him regarding the whereabouts of the place.

whoopnar

Monkey
Sep 11, 2004
Chico, CA
The Chico Nut jumps are pretty crappy. No one maintains them and they are really clustered together. Not worth the trip, but if you are interested, they are off of 9th Ave. behind the nut factory a little bit and down by the creek bed.