Quantcast

Children of the Cairns 2016

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
This post still freakin cracks me up (you have to remember the internet's SUIP keyboard jockey shitshow that Gwin's critique of this inspired leading up to this)
Whaddya know, Gwin was right, those woops WERE dangerous! The spectator crash....:

And again, from a slightly different angle:

Ain't mobile phones wonderful!

Last edited:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
How cool would it be if while the circus was down in the south pacific they brought back a Japan race...I think that really needs to happen. I know that bla bla bla about money and venue but shit, an asian and a south american round would really make it cool...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
How cool would it be if while the circus was down in the south pacific they brought back a Japan race...I think that really needs to happen. I know that bla bla bla about money and venue but shit, an asian and a south american round would really make it cool...
would love to see japan back. rotura would be awesome as well.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
WEST COAST (US) WORLD CUP!

Oh yeah, psyyyyyyyyched for Cairns! :D

Edit:
Hell, Whistler WC would even float my boat in this case

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
What you actually want a world cup that like maybe touches down on every continent at least once?
What kind of inclusive hippy bullshit is this?
UCI says WC is NA, Yurp, and residents of some southern ocean landz.
Git wit teh program.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
cant wait for race day then its over way too quick

looks like platty Saturday and the couch sunday
You're doing it wrong!

Ride Saturday. Ride Sunday. THEN plop yourself on the couch for post ride beer, pizza and World Cup action.

This is what the replay is for :D

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
THAT TRACK FUCKING SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay. I can move on now.
It would be a pretty decent half of a dual slalom track if they built a second one next to it.

Jokes about all the berms up top notwithstanding, I actually think it looks fine. No, it's not the most technical on the circuit and it's kinda short, but not everything can be a superlative. It's fast and entertaining enough.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i want my world cups to always start conveniently, so europe only plz. thx (we have the better tracks anyways)
as much as you sound like an ass, that's pretty much the UCI's view as well.

they didn't want a second north america event (windham) because it was "too expensive". so they send the circus to australia instead. :bonk::crazy::think::disgust1:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
as much as you sound like an ass, that's pretty much the UCI's view as well.

they didn't want a second north america event (windham) because it was "too expensive". so they send the circus to australia instead. :bonk::crazy::think::disgust1:
In other words, UCI also sounds like an ass.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I don't think this picture is getting the attention it deserves.

You people see this picture right? Who's winning? I shouldn't have to ask that question.
The fact that that is an open question means that we all lose.

toowacky

Monkey
Feb 20, 2010
Pac NW
cant wait for race day then its over way too quick

looks like platty Saturday and the couch sunday
The only maths harder than shuttle maths for me is timezones maths.

Luckily, I've got a guy to do that for me. Looking at the RedBull site, Saturday's 230pm Aussie time means... Friday night WC DH party.

930pm left coast time.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I've suddenly discovered that I strongly dislike Australian WC's. 11:30pm start is going to be rough.