Quantcast

Children of the Cairns 2016

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Is the Sean McCarrol that is listed the McCarrol from MudCows/96 Worlds fame? If so, that's bloody awesome.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Jesus, Minaar must be running a 600lb spring or something.

Why does PB still use that stupid spreadsheet format for the results? It's a modern world, there are about a million better was to display a list of names than that POS.
You do realize it's UCI not pinkbike?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
it's not that fuckin' hard to make a PDF into a png image that can be directly embedded. amateurs.
It takes time so they won't do it. The same reason half of the movie industry still premieres trailers on yahoo movies even though it's the herpes of video players.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Pinkbikes quali photos are pretty good. They've been killing it the past few years.
They are still struggling with the writing however...
grammar mistakes everywhere, inability to identify a waterstrider, the list goes on! :P

toowacky

Monkey
Feb 20, 2010
Pac NW
Checkers or wreckers Brannigan qualified 6th, but his splits are horrible except for 7th at the last split. Musta made up time at the bottom? Strange.

hardboiled

Chimp
May 15, 2006
right behind you
so since Mik and Brannigan aren't top20 protected riders coming into this round, does that mean we're not going to see them on the live racing feed? half of the top 20 qualifiers aren't going to be in the feed if that's the case. Redbull needs to fix that sh!t asap!

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
so since Mik and Brannigan aren't top20 protected riders coming into this round, does that mean we're not going to see them on the live racing feed? half of the top 20 qualifiers aren't going to be in the feed if that's the case. Redbull needs to fix that sh!t asap!
They qualified 2nd and 6th, so they will be on the live feed.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

i thought they showed top 30 regardless, and they only showed top 20 protected if they're outside of the top 30

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Wasn't Lourdes only top 20 in the live feed? Pretty sure that happened and I got angry about it.

SubV

Chimp
Jun 24, 2015
Checked a handful of weather forecasts for cairns, looks like it may be dry down there for the race. Surveyed four sites, 3/4 show essentially no precip and one said 90%.

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Leaving work. Grabbing beer. Racing starts in 3 and a half hours. I imagine things will get interesting in 5 hours. I am going to have to pace myself...