Quantcast

Children of the Cairns 2016

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
If a paid professional athlete can't control their language while being televised, then they are either unwilling or unable.

Neither is good and indicates piss poor attitude, or mental deficiency.

Oh...and fuck.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
If a paid professional athlete can't control their language while being televised, then they are either unwilling or unable.

Back in the day everybody thought Palmer is cooler than say Vouilloz because he was loud, used foul language, did party hard and didn't give a f*** about being PC. And now people seem to think a "professional" athlete should not do these things? What? You guys not only have become dads, you became old!!! AARP member cards are in the mail.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Back in the day everybody thought Palmer is cooler than say Vouilloz because he was loud, used foul language, did party hard and didn't give a f*** about being PC. And now people seem to think a "professional" athlete should not do these things? What? You guys not only have become dads, you became old!!! AARP member cards are in the mail.
Yeah, but we were in the same asshat league as Palmer back then, and our kids were merely swimmers in our testes.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

Oh...and fuck.
The thing is a ton of new media outlets have no problem with "R" rated language. Podcasts, streams, etc. I think the whole PG mentality will die around the same time the "televised" stops being a term people use.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The thing is a ton of new media outlets have no problem with "R" rated language. Podcasts, streams, etc. I think the whole PG mentality will die around the same time the "televised" stops being a term people use.
news flash: swear words are in fact allowed in PG movies.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
It would be a pretty decent half of a dual slalom track if they built a second one next to it.

Jokes about all the berms up top notwithstanding, I actually think it looks fine. No, it's not the most technical on the circuit and it's kinda short, but not everything can be a superlative. It's fast and entertaining enough.
I would just like to state for the record that, having watched the top guys race, the course sucks a lot more than I remembered when I wrote the above comment.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I said it at the time too but that rainy shitstorm two years ago is the only thing that made that track/race interesting.

This time? No borrowed shoes on the winner, no american faceplant to podium, no dq of a top guy from a whiny member of another team........

I demand more for my no money.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
:rofl:

The Ibex actually looks like a sort of decent tire. Anybody tried one? Side knobs probably aren't as burly as a Minion (to say nothing of the Wild Rock'r2) though.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!

The Ibex actually looks like a sort of decent tire. Anybody tried one? Side knobs probably aren't as burly as a Minion (to say nothing of the Wild Rock'r2) though.
I'm about to put a 2.25x27.5 one on the back of my Rallón. I'll report my findings on a couple of weeks. At first glance it doesn't look too different from the HR2 it will be replacing (take a look below). I just hope it'll be easier to mount on the XM319 Mavics than its predecesor.

Last edited:

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
Back in the day everybody thought Palmer is cooler than say Vouilloz because he was loud, used foul language, did party hard and didn't give a f*** about being PC. And now people seem to think a "professional" athlete should not do these things? ...
Palmer was cool, but in no way was he an example of anything professional.
Ban me, I'll ban him.
I should ban him.
You should join a band!

Last edited:

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011

rode it years ago and its a decent tire. The reason Gwin doesn't take a gamble on it could be on its slightly weaker (bekause lighter) dh casing compared to maxxis. I had not that much problems but I definately had more punctures and I heard that heavy hitters couldn't ride them because of it.

I think its in Onzas best interest for Gwin winning incognito on a competitors tire than getting a puncture with Onzas in the first races...

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Palmer is a pretty good point. I like the "don't give a fuck" derelict 'tude, but I also think its pretty fucking easy to separate the commentary and post race interview as a "don't swear for literally 30 seconds." Shit, I don't even have fucking kids. It's not like the racers have anything real fuckin profound to say anyway "Yep I pedaled really hard, and when I came over the line I was tired but I saw green and was excited because that meant I'd posted the fastest run yet. Then at the end of the race I was still the fastest! The other riders rode great, and I was nervous watching them come down." BOOM interview over. ezpz qtpi

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Palmer is a pretty good point. I like the "don't give a fuck" derelict 'tude, but I also think its pretty fucking easy to separate the commentary and post race interview as a "don't swear for literally 30 seconds." Shit, I don't even have fucking kids. It's not like the racers have anything real fuckin profound to say anyway "Yep I pedaled really hard, and when I came over the line I was tired but I saw green and was excited because that meant I'd posted the fastest run yet. Then at the end of the race I was still the fastest! The other riders rode great, and I was nervous watching them come down." BOOM interview over. ezpz qtpi
No one argues that it's hard not to swear but it's just silly to make a fuss out of it.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
g
No one argues that it's hard not to swear but it's just silly to make a fuss out of it.
Donno, I feel like its silly to make a fuss out of it when its in some team video or edit or something, where you can prewatch it and scan for cussing before you let your kids see it, just lame in live video. I like showing my nieces and nephews mountain biking, and I imagine that it would be even more frustrating if they were my own kids.

Anyway, in other not news, a rider on a shitty tire brand is riding sharpied out maxxis? say it aint so.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
g

Donno, I feel like its silly to make a fuss out of it when its in some team video or edit or something, where you can prewatch it and scan for cussing before you let your kids see it, just lame in live video. I like showing my nieces and nephews mountain biking, and I imagine that it would be even more frustrating if they were my own kids.

Anyway, in other not news, a rider on a shitty tire brand is riding sharpied out maxxis? say it aint so.
Yeah but don't we all drop an inaproperiate word in front of the kids from time to time?