Quantcast

Children of the Sanitorium

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
tough to criticize someone for that.

the death of your child effects you in lots of ways.

Gabriel, in which his tiny physique is framed by his father's hand. <snip>

He and Karen brought Gabriel's body home so their children could "absorb and understand that they had a brother," Santorum says. "We wanted them to see that he was real," not an abstraction, he says. Not a "fetus," either, as Rick and Karen were appalled to see him described --
His son was a fetus. A baby, child, brother, a human, cannot be framed by an adult hand. It was the beginnings of these concepts, not their full realization. This says nothing about his right to mourn the situation which I fully support.

So no, it's not tough. It's kind of creepy. The fact that someone else brought it up in this thread is proof that I'm not the only one who thinks so. He's a freak, with freak ideas that he tries to legislate over others who don't share and should not be subjected to his mania. It's unfortunate that this particular one is of the most mild variety in light of some of his other beliefs. (see homosexuality and it's ties to beastiality and incest)

So yes, because of who he is and the manner in which he expresses his views, I gladly criticize him when his twisted views show themselves in somewhat sick ways.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
His son was a fetus. A baby, child, brother, a human, cannot be framed by an adult hand. It was the beginnings of these concepts, not their full realization. This says nothing about his right to mourn the situation which I fully support.

So no, it's not tough. It's kind of creepy. The fact that someone else brought it up in this thread is proof that I'm not the only one who thinks so. He's a freak, with freak ideas that he tries to legislate over others who don't share and should not be subjected to his mania. It's unfortunate that this particular one is of the most mild variety in light of some of his other beliefs. (see homosexuality and it's ties to beastiality and incest)

So yes, because of who he is and the manner in which he expresses his views, I gladly criticize him when his twisted views show themselves in somewhat sick ways.

i bet i can find something much creepier done by a liberal canidate. would the disgust still be the same?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Be better if it was actually sitting there on the side of the road however. Saying and doing differentiate in this case.

N8: simpleton..........I don't choose whether something is creepy etc because of a party affiliation. That's not what I said in my last post either bright boy. Creepy is creepy. Especially when it's an offshoot of some wacked out religious BS.
You forget that N8 sees everything in terms of party affiliation. It makes things easier for simple minds. Republican good, democrat bad.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You forget that N8 sees everything in terms of party affiliation. It makes things easier for simple minds. Republican good, democrat bad.
Hah.....you saved the post before I edited it. stinky's links had a bunch of "songs about" and "cindy says"........after reading deeper she actually did plant it there.:shocked:

But no......I never forget the forum short busser.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
i bet i can find something much creepier done by a liberal canidate. would the disgust still be the same?
It has nothing to do with politics. The first point made was the Santorum children look weird, which they do.

Do you think bringing home a fetus is a partisan issue? I think it is just weird, and I am sure some voters in Penn thought the same way.

Hey, a lot of people hate Clinton for his personal acts, although I think coercing a young woman for a bj is perfectly normal.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
And this post points out how shallow, and spineless you freaks are. If Rick was standing in front of you hoes you wouldn't speak a word of what you will post. Pvssies. (yeah, I'd say it to you personally) No hard feelings though right you butt:pirate2:

Actually, I'll say every word, and a hell of a lot more. Rick and his ilk should crawl back under their rocks and stop trying to impose his values on my family, in my house. I don't worship his god, and neither did the founding fathers, and I don't want my daughter growing up in his perverted vison of America.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Rick and his ilk should crawl back under their rocks and stop trying to impose his values on my family, in my house.
Honest and sincere question... didn't the Republicans promote and believe in smaller, less intrusive govt? Or did I misunderstand something back in history class all those years ago?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Honest and sincere question... didn't the Republicans promote and believe in smaller, less intrusive govt? Or did I misunderstand something back in history class all those years ago?
You mean real republicans like Goldwater. Most of those went extinct years ago :disgust1:

Wikipedia said:
Goldwater viewed abortion as a matter of personal choice, not intended for government intervention. In fact, his own daughter, Joanne, chose to have an abortion before her first marriage at the age of 20, and he supported her decision. He was also not against gays in the military. As a passionate defender of personal liberty, he saw the religious right's views as an encroachment on personal privacy and individual liberties. In his 1980 Senate re-election campaign, Goldwater won support from religious conservatives but in his final term voted consistently to uphold legalized abortion.[citation needed] Even in matters of foreign policy, Goldwater disagreed with Reagan and his supporters; he opposed the decision to mine Nicaraguan harbors. Notwithstanding his prior differences with Dwight Eisenhower, Goldwater in a 1986 interview rated him the best of the seven Presidents with whom he had served.

After his retirement, in 1987, Goldwater described the conservative Arizona Governor Evan Mecham as "hardheaded" and called on him to resign, and two years later stated the Republican Party had been taken over by a "bunch of kooks." In a 1994 interview with the Washington Post the retired Senator said, "When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye." He said about Jerry Falwell, founder of the Moral Majority, "I think every good Christian ought to kick Falwell right in the ass," in response to Falwell's opposition to the nomination of Sandra Day O'Connor to the Supreme Court where Falwell said, "Every good Christian should be concerned." [3]

In the 1990s he became more controversial because of statements that aggravated many social conservatives. He endorsed Democrat Karan English in an Arizona congressional race, urged Republicans to lay off Clinton over the Whitewater scandal, and criticized the military's ban on homosexuals: "Everyone knows that gays have served honorably in the military since at least the time of Julius Caesar." He also said, "You don't have to be straight to be in the military; you just have to be able to shoot straight." In 1996 he told Bob Dole, who mounted his presidential campaign with luke-warm support from hard-line conservatives, "We're the new liberals of the Republican Party. Can you imagine that?"

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Yeah. The latest incarnation has found that appealing to social issues (gay hating, anti-abortion, etc.) is a much more efficient way of bringing the rubes to the polls and voting for anyone with an (R) next to their name.
The current republician party is all about vote pandering and enriching themselves. Their main skill is doublespeak. Their version of fiscal responsibility is doubling the national debt. Their version of a less intrusive government is to lock you up if you don't conform.

The gay marriage bans are a perfect example. Either marriage is a religious sacrament or a civil contract. If it's a holy "sacrament" then it's up to each religion to decide what it means, and who can marry. If it's a civil contract, then the state has no business in applying one religion's values to it. Personally I think the term "marriied" should stricken from the tax code and replaced with household. A household would be defined as one or more income earning adults AND one or more dependents.

The modern republican party wants more regulation of people and less of business. That's what smaller government means to them.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Yeah. The latest incarnation has found that appealing to social issues (gay hating, anti-abortion, etc.) is a much more efficient way of bringing the rubes to the polls and voting for anyone with an (R) next to their name.
exactly.
if i found out my wife got a hold of some gay monkey sperm & her lover turkey basted her, & she got ectopically pregnant, i'd so be honor killing her.

that's how we roll up in the 719, yo.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
Personally I think the term "marriied" should stricken from the tax code and replaced with household. A household would be defined as one or more income earning adults AND one or more dependents.
I agree that "married" should be stricken, but your definition of "household" leaves out couples who either don't have kids or both work and are not dependents of each other.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
exactly.
if i found out my wife got a hold of some gay monkey sperm & her lover turkey basted her, & she got ectopically pregnant, i'd so be honor killing her.

that's how we roll up in the 719, yo.
Are you denying that the Reps. have tried to hammer social issues down our throat for votes in the last umpteen elections?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Who said anything about special rights?
it's the standard conservative resistance to gay rights, as they are presented as special rights.
And, gay hating is certainly a social issue.
perhaps with a wink & a nod, but not as a plank in the platform. most of what you see is ingnorance, which breeds fear, which can (unfortunately) breed hate.

seems to be a well-played political stand-by wrt:
- our country's becoming a theocracy
- if we don't bomb the browns, we'll have suicide bombers in all our sbarro's inside 2 weeks.
- social security will be bankrupt by 2015
- your gun rights are eroding
- the atheists are going to burn all the bibles

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
it's the standard conservative resistance to gay rights, as they are presented as special rights.
Which is playing semantics to trump up a social issue.
perhaps with a wink & a nod, but not as a plank in the platform. most of what you see is ingnorance, which breeds fear, which can (unfortunately) breed hate.

seems to be a well-played political stand-by wrt:
- our country's becoming a theocracy
- if we don't bomb the browns, we'll have suicide bombers in all our sbarro's inside 2 weeks.
- social security will be bankrupt by 2015
- your gun rights are eroding
- the atheists are going to burn all the bibles
Good list.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
I agree that "married" should be stricken, but your definition of "household" leaves out couples who either don't have kids or both work and are not dependents of each other.
The exact wording would have to be discussed. The "married" tax status was supposed to give adults raising the next generation a break on taxes. I'm not sure if Dual Incone No Kids couples should qualify for that for household status, regardless of their sexual orentation or marital status. On the other hand the aging of the country has left a lot of adults having to care for their elderly parents. Which makes them a household with dependents, which should get a pretty sizable tax break in my book.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I don't understand the marriage penalty thing. If a couple files individually doesn't the tax code just consider them as individuals? Are people bitching because they both can't file individually and claim the same deductions?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I don't understand the marriage penalty thing. If a couple files individually doesn't the tax code just consider them as individuals? Are people bitching because they both can't file individually and claim the same deductions?
it's to offset all the sex we marrieds have. it's rather amazing i have so much time to post here.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
The exact wording would have to be discussed. The "married" tax status was supposed to give adults raising the next generation a break on taxes. I'm not sure if Dual Incone No Kids couples should qualify for that for household status, regardless of their sexual orentation or marital status. On the other hand the aging of the country has left a lot of adults having to care for their elderly parents. Which makes them a household with dependents, which should get a pretty sizable tax break in my book.
Taxes aren't the only concern, however. There's also spousal privilege, inheritance, visitation rights, power of attorney, etc.

Edit: Don't want to sound like I'm arguing, because I'm not. I just wanted to point out that there's more to things than dependents and tax status.

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin
it's to offset all the sex we marrieds have. it's rather amazing i have so much time to post here.
Yeah... I'm sure that is it. :rolleyes: My johnson hurts from gettin' so much.

I was forced to do some research and the Marriage Penalty for US Income tax actually ended in 2003. In 2002, a couple making 40k and 44k each would have paid $16,483 on their combined 84k income if they were married, but only $15,386 if they were not married... an $1,100 difference. In 2005, marrieds in the same financial situation will actually save $7 (woohoo!).

These tax rate savings are due to sunset in 2010, and will come back to the full penalty rates unless Congress does something to stop it. With the Democrats now controlling Congress, what do you think will happen? :poster_oops:

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Taxes aren't the only concern, however. There's also spousal privilege, inheritance, visitation rights, power of attorney, etc.

Edit: Don't want to sound like I'm arguing, because I'm not. I just wanted to point out that there's more to things than dependents and tax status.
I don't take it as arguing. ;) I think there are a of of implications of "married" status in various federal laws that simply aren't true anymore. There would have to be a lot of discussion, and some haggling over wording.