Quantcast

Chile is interesting.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Strange mix, having a good time few points I have made/noticed.

This is moblie with no spell check so read it really liberal.

80s American music is played everywhere, if not it is a form of techno.

No spicy food, there is tabasaco, but I doubt anyone uses it.

Sushi everywhere, no asians though (and they have bland wasabi wtf).

Plastic bags (think capri sun) of mayo, shampoo, olives, jam.

Every small truck is a 4 door super short box, most all ared diesel.

I want a diesel Hilux and don't want a Tacoma.

Dogs roam free, they don't bark, or follow you, they just hang out, many dead on the highway.

Learn some Spanish, this isn't Mexico, I am fairly screwed, but my G/F speaks it so I go out to places with her.

The sun is brutal, 85 and clear everyday, can't complain.

People are crazy behind the wheel, but they stop behind the crosswalk, take that U.S.

Wine here is so f-ing good I don't really miss good beer.

Order a beer and don't define the size, you get the biggest one, which is going to be 2 liter.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
From your descriptions it seems that Chile is somewhere I would not like to visit. (Except for the big beer part)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Santiago is right under the gigantic hole in the ozone layer. You WILL get burned in about 2 minutes. The sushi I have had down there is best described as trying too hard. If you order something mega simple, you still have to tell them no cream cheese, mayo etc in my sushi please. As mentioned, bring your own hotsauce, and coffee for that matter! Oddly enough, they serve nescafe everywhere unless you ask for a very expensive cappucino or espresso. I heart diesel Hilux's. The people are some of the friendliest and accepting people you will ever meet.

Good times. I leave again on the 13th for 2 weeks. Woo. It'll be my 7th trip there.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
No coffee?

lol you missed out on "Cafe con Piernas" then. Look it up.

One of the weirdest things I noticed while I was living there was that people seemed to love making out in parks. Every time I walked by a park there was at least one couple going at it.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
No coffee?

lol you missed out on "Cafe con Piernas" then. Look it up.

One of the weirdest things I noticed while I was living there was that people seemed to love making out in parks. Every time I walked by a park there was at least one couple going at it.
YES! Especially the big park on the hill with the fort downtown where Santiago was formed. They weren't just going at it, they were well into the "probably not legal in many countries" area. Rad.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
^^^

From what I heard it is beautifully but if you go when the wind is blowing you will be miserable.

Winter and fall are the least windy apparently.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Well stuck in the airport(s) till noon tomorrow, had to have the car back noon today, don't fly till 11 tonight.

Pisco sours till take off I guess.

Well I saw a few things I will write more about it when I have a real puter to type on.