Quantcast

Chilean trapped miners

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
are they pumping fresh air down there?

or are they letting them enjoy the musky scent of each other still?

alright...who farted?

how can you tell?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
it's weird...maybe I'm just a negative nancy....but the way the are behaving, it's like they've been coached or something. I've seen 4 or 5 get rescued now, and they all seem to be playing up to the crowd...well....more that I would have expected. They are spending more time waving at people, hugging the president, and waving the chilean flag than hugging their own family.

And they all seem to have gotten a free pair of oakleys! Sweet deal!!

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
it's weird...maybe I'm just a negative nancy....but the way the are behaving, it's like they've been coached or something. I've seen 4 or 5 get rescued now, and they all seem to be playing up to the crowd...well....more that I would have expected. They are spending more time waving at people, hugging the president, and waving the chilean flag than hugging their own family.

I'd like to think they are just exuberant at being freed. They did choose the healthiest for the first few trips up to gather health data to see how the journey affected them so they know how the sicker ones will deal.

I did like the one with the bag of rocks as a gift to the rescuers. :thumb:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Oh I'm sure....but i saw one this morning. He was in his 60's. He gets out of the pod and they hand him a flag to hold up. Just seemed weird to me. I'm sure it's a cultural thing to which I cannot relate. Anyhoo.....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

because they were.

Oh I'm sure....but i saw one this morning. He was in his 60's. He gets out of the pod and they hand him a flag to hold up. Just seemed weird to me. I'm sure it's a cultural thing to which I cannot relate. Anyhoo.....

of course you can't relate. you're canadian. there's no such thing as "national pride". The closest thing you have is hockey.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Has the bloke with two missus' come up yet or does he prefer to stay down there? I know I would.
Anyway awesome story, as cynical a bastard as I am this has had me smiling all day.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now