Quantcast

Chipotle

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
I am in love with the chipotle flavor,

Give me your recipies with chipotle season or whatever in it please as I am stumped on what to use it with.

Dan

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I love the Embasa canned chipotle in adobo sauce.

For a quick quesadilla, chop about half a pepper and mash it together with some of the sauce, spread it on a tortilla, add some cheese, beans, whatever else to you like, fold it in half and toast in a dry pan or roast in the oven until the filling is melted.

For chipotle rice, mix some of the mashed pepper and sauce into cooked rice (optionally, use saffron when cooking the rice), together with green onion, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime. Great topped with grilled fish or meat, or you can mix in some diced cooked chorizo for a kinda weird mexi fried rice kind of thing.

You can also mix some of the pepper/sauce mash into your favorite meat marinade or finishing glaze. It burns pretty quickly so use it before or at the very end of grilling.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I use it as a dry rub or mix it in with marinades, and brush it on chicken, pork, or whatever while grilling. Sadly, I'm out of home-done crushed Chipotle' right now.

If you want something simple, that kicks a$$. Pick up some Chipotle Gourmayo and a red onion. Grill your burgers as normal, toast the roll, and top them off with the chipotle' gourmayo and fresh red onion slices. Chipotle' Gourmayo goes well on grilled sauasge or sausage patties, as well.

*** This stuff is tough to find in stores. I buy 4-5 bottles at a time. The only place I can get it anymore is online here: Chipotle Gourmayo

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I have experimented with a bunch of stuff to do with the canned Chipotle's but my favorite is to throw one or two in a batch of chili.

:drool: