Quantcast

chix on Titus

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
MBC needs to chime in here. But she's about 5'3" tall and she is on a small with a short stem. Methinks she loves the bike quite a bit - especially the one she's currently riding.

especially the one she's currently riding.
LMAO!

Yeah, I'm 5'2.5" and on a small.

Lots of the 5'6" guys on mtbr are riding smalls - I don't know why but they swear by it.

You really have to ride it. I rode an xs but the seatpost was all the way out and I sent the pic to titus and they agreed I should be on a small so that's what I ordered.

twice. heh heh.

fishercat

Chimp
Jun 1, 2003
Boston area
sold one chameleon and bought another...crazy right?
seems like 5'4" is about perfect for small ML and 5'8" is about perfect for medium. I'm frustrated. I dont want a crazy amount of seatpost. looks goofy and then i'd also have to get a high riser. i was hoping to get a last years frame but i think i'm going to have to wait now til theres a ML i can try riding.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Do you have longer legs than torso? What are the ETTs on the two sizes?

And no - not crazy on the Chameleon at all. Hell look at all the bikes I've gone through - now that's crazy! ;)

I think MBC's stem is like 75mm or so - maybe even shorter than that.

I guess it depends on if you want this to be more all mountain/light freeridish or more XC/long epic ride - like. Are there any Titus shops in the Greater Boston Area these days? There is one down here in CT - Suburban Sports in Berlin, CT I think they have one Motolite on the floor - but that's a long drive to demo a bike!

fishercat

Chimp
Jun 1, 2003
Boston area
international has them, but hasnt gotten the new ones in yet. i guess i will wait til i can test ride both. not sure if i'll build the chameleon up or not. it's a nice frame. if i decide to keep my tracer another year i may upgrade parts on the tracer and put old parts on the chammy. if i end up having to drop close to 2K on a new full sus. frame i will probably end up selling the chameleon to finance the new frame. i love my tracer but would like more travel.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
fishercat - what are the TT lengths on your Tracer that you love so much and your Chameleon(s)?

I'd use those as "guides" if you will for frame size selection for the Titus.