Quantcast

>>>Chocolate air Fridump GMT<<<

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Dude. Don't involve a bank in the purchase of a 20 year old truck. :fie:
They gave me 3% and I will have it paid off in 2 of the 4 year term. Frita is a '78, but she's also valued at $18k. She's paid off in 9 more payments, so her payment will get added.

Yes, it costs me a little bit, but I like having money in savings. As I'm sure most of you are unaware, that is actually a newer development, the concept of having money in the bank beyond the weekend after payday. :rofl:

<Edit> the original truck was an '07, but they are the same from '99 until like '12?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I e-mailed Turner to see if there is any chance they might have a spare rear triangle for a 2006 RFX lying around before I write the bike off. I mean, my plan was to keep that bike as a back up. I realize it's probably unrealistic to think they'd have 15 year old parts on hand, especially since they appear to be mostly AWOL from the industry these days. Doesn't hurt to ask though.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I e-mailed Turner to see if there is any chance they might have a spare rear triangle for a 2006 RFX lying around before I write the bike off. I mean, my plan was to keep that bike as a back up. I realize it's probably unrealistic to think they'd have 15 year old parts on hand, especially since they appear to be mostly AWOL from the industry these days. Doesn't hurt to ask though.
don't be surprised if he does.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
They gave me 3% and I will have it paid off in 2 of the 4 year term. Frita is a '78, but she's also valued at $18k. She's paid off in 9 more payments, so her payment will get added.

Yes, it costs me a little bit, but I like having money in savings. As I'm sure most of you are unaware, that is actually a newer development, the concept of having money in the bank beyond the weekend after payday. :rofl:

<Edit> the original truck was an '07, but they are the same from '99 until like '12?
Come on... this truck can NOT cost more than $5K, right?? Just save your money until you have enough to comfortably buy it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Frank could probably fix it.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Come on... this truck can NOT cost more than $5K, right?? Just save your money until you have enough to comfortably buy it.
It's likely $8k and I would rather not take that out of savings. I didn't plan on replacing Amber until Frita was paid off, but 2020 had other plans.

Also, my credit is still in the "rebuilding" phase, so having another loan I can chunk payments on will assist with that. My credit union has loved me since I joined 4 years ago.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
It's likely $8k and I would rather not take that out of savings. I didn't plan on replacing Amber until Frita was paid off, but 2020 had other plans.

Also, my credit is still in the "rebuilding" phase, so having another loan I can chunk payments on will assist with that. My credit union has loved me since I joined 4 years ago.
Carry on, my wayward son... :D

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
He's talking about getting another old-ass Vette and a motorcycle again, too. He is set in his ways in his dotage.
I am not getting another Vette and will be selling said current Vette next Spring. I will be getting a plated dirt bike and the wife wants another quad. The dirt bike will also serve commute duty should I ever go into the office.

Yes, I LOVE my car, but working from home negates the need for a commuter car, even a REALLY fun one. The new truck will get 20+mpg vs Amber's 12ish and that was half the argument for the Vette in the first place ($600+ a month in gas at one point before the Vette).

So no Vette, no Harley, no street bike. Just an old man truck and a dirt bike.

When I eventually get a shop, there will be another Corvette, or at least parts of one.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Fixed it for you
You know these go 300k miles, right? Also, regular bed with extra cab isn't even made anymore, it's all 4 door cabs and stubby beds. I have 3 dogs, so the standard cab is out.

Also, find me a truck newer than '10 for $8k. The neighbor just paid $96k for his truck. :rofl:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Where you gettin' this info? 'Cause I'm almost CERTAIN they don't.
On the freeway, yes they can. I have seen it with my own eyes. I think my brothers truck is an '05ish with the same 5.3. I will drive this truck the same as I drove Amber, I bet I average at least 18. And again, this truck will not see commute miles, so maybe 2-3k a year hauling bikes?

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Who buys a truck and worries about MPGs anyway. I drive my truck when I want room and haul shit. If I’m counting MPGs I drive the wife’s Outback.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Dave is still posting on empty beer with spare parts info, I emailed with him and bought parts a couple of months ago, sales @ turner

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Who buys a truck and worries about MPGs anyway. I drive my truck when I want room and haul shit. If I’m counting MPGs I drive the wife’s Outback.

The 99% of truck owners who use them primarily as commuters and grocery getters.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I admire your optimism! :D

I presume this is a 2WD version?
No, stock 4x4.

It was a no go. They are weird about it being low miles. It does have crazy low miles for a 20 year old truck, but it's still a 20 year old truck. I told them $8500 was a stretch, he wanted $10,500. Good luck with that one

I will say driving it reenforced my feelings on the first truck. This one rode like a Caddy.

I have a list of a half dozen I will try to knock out this weekend. If only I could find the damn title to Amber, ugh.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
True that. When we do long distance hauls with the camper and horse trailer we know at NV, UT, WY, NB hwy speeds we are going to get 8.8 to 9 mpg , that is just what it is at 17000 pounds and the aerodynamics of a brick. We take the TDI Jetta if we want fuel mileage or the Mercedes C280 if we want speed