• Cookies

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Which do you prefer?

I am sitting here eating a hunk of frozen Nestle Chocolate chip cookie dough. It occurred to me I bake maybe one out of every dozen packages? I think I have always liked cookie dough better than the baked cookies. As a kid my Grandma would make cookies for all of her sons families. For my family she would give us a tub of cookie dough.

The oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough we used to make as kids was way better than plain chocolate chip cookie dough. I might have to call my mom and get the recipe:drool:

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
I agree. For some strange reason the dough is better than the cookie it self. When I eat cookies I definitely prefer soft cookies to hard cookies.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
When it comes to dunking cookies in milk nothing beat Oreos.

I almost put Bacon in the poll then I realized it was the only option anyone would select, except those weirdos that think sausage is better than bacon.:bonk:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Frozen dough mix? Oh my poor American friends.

Here:

250g butter
1/2 cup sugar
4 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence

3 cups plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup (or a bit more if you want) of chocolate buttons

Cream the first lot of ingredients until light & fluffy, then stir the rest of the ingredients in. Roll into balls and place on baking tray. In the preheated oven at 170degC for 10 minutes. Undercook them slightly for a chewier biscuit.

By the way, the dough is better than the biscuit.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
You are the one missing out. The frozen dough tastes almost like homemade and it is already separated into chunks of dough. You break off a couple and snack away. If I had fresh made dough I would be tempted to separate them and freeze them since I think they taste better that way.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ben and Jerry's cookie dough ice cream, baked cookies fresh from the oven. Both are awesome.

I made a batch of snickerdoodles with my daughter a while back. Good times were had by all. We need to make some more.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The correct answer is both.

Start the cookies baking but set aside a chunk of the batter for eating.

I love chocolate chip cookies when they're undercooked and a soft, gooey mess. They should be soft enough so that trying to pick them up from the edges results in them collapsing.