• Safety orange

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

recidivist

Monkey
Aug 29, 2002
Soquel, Cali
So I sent my Endless frame off to the powercoater as part of a group buy. The finish has been half-assedly ground off by the previous owner, so I was happy to have a chance to get it re-shot.

As a group buy, the choices are limited by, well, the whims of the powdercoater. I've got three choices:

• Matte black, get the frame next week.
  • Gloss school bus yellow. Get the frame next week.
  • Gloss orange. $10 more than the other two choices, and it might take up to a month to get it done.

Safety orange was my first choice, but now I'm not so sure. What's a monkey to do? Riding days are a-wastin'

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
Recently, I've been dreaming about doing up a bike old school hot rod style - flat black with red wheels, and some white pinstripe flames coming off the headtube junction. I will allow you to adopt this motif, because you have good taste in bikes and Madison is a cool city (for the midwest); therefore you must be okay. If not that, then school bus yellow. I couldn't be away from my bike for "up to a month" in prime riding season here in the midwest. But then, I only have one mtb at the moment.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Orange has got to be the coolest color for a bike. I always love the way a steel frame looks in orange. And singlespeed is even better.

Back to that riding season thing though, if you don't have another bike, I'd do something that will get it back soon. I don't get enough days riding anymore, so every day the weather is nice and I'm out on my bike is cherished. Second choice would be the yellow.

recidivist

Monkey
Aug 29, 2002
Soquel, Cali
Hm. Well. It's gonna have to be orange. Why? Because orange is dope.

Yeah, it'll take a while longer. Guess I'll have to roll up XC style for a while.

Thank, y'all.