Quantcast

Chompin' at the Bit... My New Banshee Has Shipped

powderboy

Monkey
Jan 16, 2002
See Dar Hills, OOTah
The boys in Vancouver just let me know that my new Banshee Chaparral was shipped on Tuesday!!! YEEHAWWWW!!!!

Too bad I'm in San Francisco on business until June 1 :rolleyes:

I'll definitely christen her once I get back to Utah.

I'm getting the Chap in Burnt Champagne, Gucci Build Kit and a Z150!!!!! Saying I can't wait is the understatement of the century!!!!

:D :D :D

powderboy

Monkey
Jan 16, 2002
See Dar Hills, OOTah
The angles are pretty much identical to the 02 Turner RFX that I had, so I'm guessing that I'm going to like it already. I'll have pretty much an identical build to my RFX too.

I kick myself every day for selling my Turner, so I'm hoping this one will console my wounded soul. :D

I'll be sure to post pics once it's built up!

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Nice. I would like to have a Z150 on mine, too. I only recently put the 6" '01 Super T on it and set the Vanilla RC to 6". I don't smack the 175mm cranks anywhere near as much as when I had a 4" '00 Z1 up front. Mine is the dark metallic blue color; I only wish there was a dark metallic green option.

Post the built pix as soon as you get 'em! That is going to be a fun bike for you. :cool:

powderboy

Monkey
Jan 16, 2002
See Dar Hills, OOTah
Originally posted by MMcG
Hope you enjoy it!

Angles are similar but not a horst link on the Chappy right?

Let us know how it feels in comparison to the RFX.
Yeah... no Horst. That's the only downside of it, but we'll see how it feels comparatively.

I'm planning an epic ride June 5 so I'll definitely have some thoughts about it after that ride.

The Z150 is an awesome fork... perfect for this bike!

powderboy

Monkey
Jan 16, 2002
See Dar Hills, OOTah
Originally posted by mack
hhmmm, ive seen that frame desing before, oh yeah, azonic makes one...:sneaky:
Actually, the Azonic has a Horst link, so it's slightly different. And, it's nowhere near as beefy as the Chaparral. ;)

There's alot of manufacturers who make a frame with the rocker-arm and no Horst link (Kona, Banshee, Ventana). There's alot who make them with a Horst (Ellsworth, TURNER, Azonic).

It's a nice frame and a proven design. If you've ever ridden a rocker-arm bike, you know how nice the suspension feels. Those Azonics are good little bikes for the money.