Quantcast

Choose 3 destinations for a world-wide trip.....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Background-- I was talking with my mom the other day, and she gave me her's and my stepdad's future plans (retire in 2 years, take each son/wife on a trip over the next 5, etc). She informs me that my wife and I are to pick 3 spots throughout the world we'd like to travel to, they'll pick one, and take us on that trip. Oh, how the options are endless.......

Now, here's the catch............ wife hates to fly. Taking her on the 2-hour flight to Phoenix is about the max she can handle. Yet to roadtrip with my folks would be asking a bit much, even of me. So, with all the knowledge from the RM minds, where would you "suggest" as the 3 options? And no, they all can't hinge on cycling.

My thoughts--

Whistler (ok, so this one hinges on cycling) and Banff,
The Eastern coast (yeah, I know, a bit of a flight and road trip, so I'm batting 0-for-3 with my "guidelines"),
New Zealand (if wife choses not to travel, then I'm going big just for me, and..........)

How about some input from you?????????????????

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
tough. a "world wide" trip that's limited to short flights or drives is selling the whole idea short.

How do you feel about drugging the wife for 6-12 hours at a time? :D

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
tough. a "world wide" trip that's limited to short flights or drives is selling the whole idea short.

How do you feel about drugging the wife for 6-12 hours at a time? :D

Believe me, I do understand the "world wide" being cut way too short because of her anxiety. Therefore, I'm open to drugging her so she'd sleep, as long as I could get her on the plane in the first place, "here, honey, have this mineral water(winkwink), 'cuz I know how thirsty you get", followed by her snoring............................

Just kidding, she doesn't snore, she kicks.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
New Zealand!!! Give the option to your wife to join, if she can't handle the flight you go and have a great time. If she thinks she wants to do it, take out travel insurance to cover if she bails out the last minute. By all means, you go!

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
South Korea. Best food, people and incredible mountain biking. Ridden 3-4 times there over the years and it has always been great. Always had a good time.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Explain the situation to your wife and drug her!

France
New Zealand
Africa

Those are my top 3 and if your wife isn't on board with any of those, I'll come along and she could stay home with my husband and help with the girls :devil:

ButtersNZ

Monkey
Jun 6, 2013
Wow, lotta love for NZ. I might just be used to this place, but if I wasn't going to be biking I'd like to visit the Mediterranean. Italy, Monaco, Croatia..