Quantcast

Chopper builder Billy Lane involved in fatal accident

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
idiot. and he hit a guy on a moped. ironic idiot.
you have no idea what happened...how can you be calling him an idiot...
that news story he posted says nothing about how the accident happens.
It DOES say however, that there have been no charges filed.

dont jump to moronic conclusions...it makes you look like an idiot...

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
did you see the pic of his truck? that must have been one big moped or he hit something else after hitting the guy.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
what guidelines would the accident have to fall under for someone to charge him with vehicular manslaughter? i'm just curious because if he gets charged for anything i'm guessing it'll be for that.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/news/breaking_news/15606029.htm

I'd forgotten about this.....he blew a .192!!

He's not deep trouble, that one......
Choppers Inc. released a statement on Lane's behalf saying:

"We first want to say that we extend our sincere sympathy to Mr. Morelocks family. Mr. Lane also was injured in the accident, but will cooperate fully in the pending investigation as he recovers."
I wonder if they are using TO's stripp..... publicist.

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
Yeah, he's going to get everybit of 14 years if both charges stick.

I guess times aren't that good over at Choppers Inc. Do you think Discovery was filming a biker build of at the time?

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Life can't be that bad if he's hookin up with 22 year old chicks at 36.

The guy is an idiot. A charismatic idiot, but an idiot none the less.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Lawyers that sue big companies just because the defendant was using their product should have to pay an extremely large fee/fine if the "deep pocket" big company is found not at fault. I mean like twice the fee they would get if they won. I think that would stop them from going after big companies, just because they have "deep pockets".

Either that, or the large company closes shop, fires all their employees and blames the lawyer for the closedown. That would endear those type lawyers to the local comunity real fast.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So going after Dodge for a DUI is sort of like going after Glock for a drive-by.

They need johnny cochran's chewbacca defense!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
One of the reasons I quit going to bike week here in SC a few years back. I was behind a lot of Harley guys riding down the main strip and then one guy changes lanes to the left thinking no one was there. He clipped the other guy and both guys went down “both no helmets”. One of the guys rolled into on coming traffic and got ran over. He died right there. This all happened in 3 secs and in front of me and all my friends. We all had to go park our bikes after that for a few hours.

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
One of the reasons I quit going to bike week here in SC a few years back. I was behind a lot of Harley guys riding down the main strip and then one guy changes lanes to the left thinking no one was there. He clipped the other guy and both guys went down “both no helmets”. One of the guys rolled into on coming traffic and got ran over. He died right there. This all happened in 3 secs and in front of me and all my friends. We all had to go park our bikes after that for a few hours.
Yeah this kind of stuff is the one of the main reasons I am not going to bike week in daytona this year...on a side note FCLinder are you going to Rolling Thunder in D.C.?