Quantcast

Chris King Hangover

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Went for a long urban cruise a couple weeks ago, and ended up having a few drinks at some joint, and then to a bike shop I had never been to (http://www.ragecycles.com/), and I walked out with my first Chris King headset. The next day, I thought WTF did I spend $119 on a headset for? After sobering up, I realized I may be becoming a bike snob...

Sad.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I haven't installed it yet. I have a new fork on the way this week for my 06 Kik, that I suspect was never faced, so the LBS will be facing and installing the works. I throw up some pix next week. (If I'm still here).

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
dude i rode rays indoor mtb park with a busted fsa pig headset (f ing sucked), i think i am going to get drunk tonight and wander into an unknown bike shop and pick up one too...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
manhattanprjkt83 said:
dude i rode rays indoor mtb park with a busted fsa pig headset (f ing sucked), i think i am going to get drunk tonight and wander into an unknown bike shop and pick up one too...
I have some crappy Cane Creek on there now with this flimsy rubber seal that your friend can have...

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Could be worse, at least you got something good. I know people that go on drunken clothes shopping trips and end up with super expensive crap they will use and can't take back.

$600 red snakeskin boots anyone?