Quantcast

Chris King Headset Give Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
So I found out the other day that my Girlfriends ex is in jail for getting caught with 8 lbs of coke(yeah I know how to pick'em). So a nice new headset would be great to have before he gets out of jail and tries to get her back. :thumb:

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
one time I laid on my bed for an hour and a half looking at the celing wondering what I was really doing. My grandmothers make the best food and I think Chris King is awesome as all get out.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Most of the replies here remind me of a favorite quote:

"Just because it happened to you, doesn't make it interesting..."

I've been to Lapland. It was hella cold.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
The Summer Solstice and Honeymoons

The moon of Midsummer is, in pagan tradition, called the 'Honey Moon' from the mead made of fermented honey drunk after the many marriage ceremonies held on the Summer Solstice.

Dry or sweet, one of mankinds oldest drinks and still the best. Mead brewing is easy and cheap, although good brew requires patience. All you really need is a few pounds of good honey, a glass bottle, a really big pot, yeast, and some cheap brewing supplies like gas locks and such. There are some commertial meads, but they are hard to find and almost always inferiour to homebrew. Beware, many of them are just "honeyed wine".

The basic mead is just honey, water, yeast, and a lot of time. You can also add some kinds of fruit, to form what is called a melomel. Or spices to form a metheglin. In any case mead brewing takes some amount of patience. Mead takes from 3 months to 2 years to brew, and generally speaking the longer the better.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Wumpus's post inspired me. As one who likes:
a) drinking
b) honey
c) more drinking

I think mead sounds like a wonderful thing. Google gave me these:

Recipes from The Closet of the Eminently Learned Sir Kenelme Digbie Kt Opened: Whereby is Discovered Several ways for making of Metheglin, Sider, Cherry-Wine, &c. together with Excellent Directions for Cookery: As also for Preserving, Conserving, Candying, &c. First edition, London, 1669

A Collection of Mead Recipes

I think I'll make a cyser (mead made with honey and apple cider instead of honey and water) as soon as I have a place to do it. :drool:

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
I had to move into a new office because my old one is in a building that's being demolished soon as part of our new hospital construction. I'm now in a really nice building across the street from the hospital. Why is this interesting? You should see the women who work in other parts of this building. Oh my. I'm never going to get any work done.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Dispatch was the only band to ever cause storrow drive in boston to close while performming at the hatch shell. It was thier last concert which was free of charge and estimated at over 110,000 in attendance.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Black holes actually make sounds - "music" of sorts.
http://archives.cnn.com/2002/TECH/space/04/09/black.holes/index.html

Another fun fact:
"Studies show that if a cat falls off the seventh floor of a building it has about thirty percent less chance of surviving than a cat that falls off the tenth floor. It supposedly takes about eight floors for the cat to realize what is occurring, relax and correct itself."

(bv's note: Studies have also shown that if an owner flings a cat off the tenth floor, after eight floors of falling, whether or not the cat has relaxed and corrected itself, the owner will still not care.

bEttEs

Chimp
Apr 12, 2002
belgium
Did you know womens underware cost more the less fabric you want...

I guess architect Mies vander Rohe was right when he said
"Less is more"

greetz
bettes

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
I rode with my friend this weekend, after he collected his new wheels, Sun S-types and Dabomb head spin hubs. Whe went in to a left alone construction site, and we made our own, Northshore bridges from pallets and constructionmaterial, like bricks and stuff. It;s wass totally cool and awsome to ride it. :evil: We made it 30 meters long and we totally made it to tha end. With some early drops.

And my new Saint cranks do rock.:evil: . they are burly as hell. With my custom Raceface bashgaurd.

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
The Norwegian phonetic pronounciaton for green is "grin-e". Grine is a Norwegian verb, and the direct translation to english is weep/cry.

So basically a green king headset makes me cry myself to bed every night because I don't own one ...errrr....

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
SO YOU THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING?

A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.

A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.

A crocodile cannot stick out its tongue.

A dragonfly has a life span of 24 hours.

A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.

A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.

A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.

A snail can sleep for three years.

Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.

All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on the back of the $5 bill.

Almonds are a member of the peach family.

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

Babies are born without kneecaps. They don't appear until the child reaches 2 to 6 years of age.

Butterflies taste with their feet.

Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds. Dogs only have about 10.

"Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".

February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.

In the last 4,000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.

If the population of China walked past you, in single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.

If you are an average American, in your whole life, you will spend an average of 6 months waiting at red lights.

It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.

Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.

Maine is ! the only state whose name is just one syllable.

No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.

On a Canadian two dollar bill, the flag flying over the P arliament building is an American flag.

Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.

Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.

Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.

"Stewardesses" is the longest word typed with only the left hand and "lollipop" with your right.

The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.

The cruise liner, QE2, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.

The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.

The sentence: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter of the alphabet.

The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely solid.

The words 'racecar,' 'kayak' and 'level' are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes).

There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.

There are more chickens than people in the world.

There are only four words in the English language which end in "dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous

There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: "abstemious" and "facetious."

There's no Betty Rubble in the Flintstones Chewables Vitamins.

Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.

TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.

Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a dance.

Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks; otherwise it will digest itself

AND!!!!

Attachments

J

JRB

It's rained so much here, there are ducks on the trail. I don't mean the Emilio Estavez ducks either.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Some interesting things:

*When opossums are playing 'possum, they are not "playing." They*actually pass out from sheer terror.

*Cat's urine glows under a blacklight.

*An ostrich's eye is bigger that it's brain.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Guess what the most northerly, southerly, westerly, and easterly states are.

I bet you guessed:
Northerly - Alaska
Southerly - Hawaii
Westerly - Hawaii (maybe AK...)
Easterly - Maine (maybe you guessed FL...)

The answer is actually:
Northerly - Alaska
Southerly - Hawaii
Westerly - Alaska
Easterly - Alaska

I'll let you guys figure that one out.

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
i was born blind in my left eye and wore a patch for two years when i was about 6 until i was 8.
i have a rare disease called HSP that makes my imune system hyperactive, thus i have never had a cold. but have had several joint and muscle problems due to drugs i took when i was between the ages of 6 and 8 when my body decided to eat itself from the inside out.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Gum is a tacky substance. I had the pleasure of sitting in said substance today in my Spanish class. I'm still waiting for a new Boxxer axle. It has rained for the past three weeks. I've got seven arabic numerals from a member of the female gender. I'm supposed to go chill with her on Wednesday. I'm going out of town Wednesday. Life is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.