Quantcast

Chris King Headset Give Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
The Well-Tempered Clavier, by J.S. Bach, was the first well-known piece written for a keyboard with tempered tuning, which is still the standard piano tuning today.

invert

Chimp
Aug 15, 2003
My uncle audi a6 4.2L can do 0-60mph in 6 seconds flat but the top speed is only limited to 130mph :(

Softy

Monkey
Apr 22, 2003
Don't call it a come back
The quailty and light weight make the CK headset an oddity. It is light enough for road or XC weightweenies but strong enough for DH use.

The CK ISO hubs on my bike are my favorite part. Gleaming blue anodized jewels that always impress me on how smooth they roll. The only part I could love more would be a free CK headset.

biker_dude13

Chimp
Feb 3, 2003
Montreal, Quebec
I am Canadian, and Have never left North America. I don't live in an Igloo and i don't eat raw fish. I live in a City with other humans, and if you didn't know it you might think your in the US and France at the same time.

"i have owned 6 frames in two years and never more than one at a time"

Hey Sven the Viking...the Seahawks stuck it to Minnesota yesterday. What's going on with them Vikings? Anyway...

Here's another great chance at owning your 7th frame/bike before the year ends. It's a great bike if it fits your riding style.

It's on Ebay and the bidding ends in about 8 hours. Maybe it is 'hot' as the price is just to good to be true.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7119630527&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

cb

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
I've built Crank Brother pedals for Jeff Kabush, Alison Dunlap, Marry McConneloug and many of the pros riding the pedals especially the ones with short ti spindles. Some of my work...

K-Bomb's pedals

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
I have a joke: A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel on his lap. The bartender ask's whats with the wheel? The pirate replies ARRHH it's been driving me nut's all day!!! ................................................that was when you were suposed to laugh but you diddn't.

TCoop924

Monkey
Jul 29, 2002
WA
Factor by which the annual number of Sahara dust storms has increased in the last 50 years : 10

Percentage of Britons over the age of 50 who have hurt themselves attempting to open product packaging : 71

Number of restaurants in Guizhou, China, closed in April for adding opium to their dishes : 215

Number of U.S. McDonald’s franchises whose drive-through order taking has been outsourced to another state: 2

--Harper's Index

neilan11

Chimp
Apr 26, 2004
some bush quotes.....
"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."
"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."

bikeninja

Chimp
Mar 1, 2004
Santa Cruz
biggins said:
heres something interesting, in the video posted by wisc fr-rider the guy that won first place didnt really do anything that hasnt been done on a mountain bike. pretty interesting huh?
uhhh, besides the 360 whip, humongous wallirde to whip both directions and huge turndown out of the quarterpipe. name one mountainbiker that can pull a Real turndown.

Oh yeah this is supposed to be interesting stuff, huh. Thisi is interesting:
Two weekends ago i was out with some friends at a certain bar. as we were leaving the bar, a woman that i had briefly spoken to inside, runs out and lifts up her shirt, pushing her huge fake boobs sans bra in my face. then she kissed me. normally, one would think what's so interesting about that, you should be stoked. right? wrong. this 'woman' was a man. I ran away as soon as i saw the adams apple and hairy knuckles.

downhilryder

Chimp
Dec 14, 2004
yo,
i just want the headset
i dont have the money to buy one cuase im broke and it would look sexy on my bike
y write something stupid and make a foul out of ourself when you could say I WANT THE HEADSET

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
One of them Boston suburbs
It snowed in boston last night, and I had to ride my bike to work... I have to ride through brookline, boston, cambridge and belmont. I get throughthe first two without any problem and the second I hit cambridge the road becomes an Icy death trap (not a grain of sand or salt to be found anywhere). After tossing myself three times, to the dismay of my elbow, shoulder, and helmet, I finally get off and start to walk, but the road is so Icy it's difficult even to do that. As soon as I get into belmont, all is melted. So the moral of the story is that cambridge bike shops are going to make a lot on $$ on studded tires this winter. Also, my arm hurts.

Mtnman

Chimp
Nov 6, 2001
Shimano Fish Story and Quality.

Shimano in Japan started when Mr. Shimano made fishing reels. He was so confident of the quality of the reels he made, he told his retailers that for every 1 that breaks, he'll give them 2 in replacement. That's why Shimano stands for quality today too!

Made In Japan!

bluewaker

Chimp
Nov 6, 2004
Toronto, where it's at.
Safety warning: Mountain dew will hinder males' abilities to create sperm.
Also...One of the world's smalles babies was born as small as an average 15 year old's hand.
And, a kitty was cloned for 50k!!

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Something interesting about my bikes, is that they're all starting to require 1.5" headsets, so my Chris Kings are going to my wife's bikes. Maybe if I had a nice shiny new one, It would force me to buy a new bike with a 1-1/8" headtube.

A nice shiny IF SS with a CK headset would be pretty.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I almost forgot to enter the contest!!!!!

Okay....something interesting??

Hmmmm. This is really more sad than interesting, but I've broken 5 full face helmets in five years. I should get a job as a helmet tester!!

And on a non-bike related note, the greyhound racing track in Oregon just announced that it will be closing as they are no longer earning enough off racing to pay their property lease!! Yippee!!! Now that the track is gone, it will be much easier to outlaw greyhound racing in Oregon.

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
My roommate from freshman year in college (also from my hometown) and some other kid from my hometown got the bright idea to try and print out fake $20 bills with a nice printer/scanner and go down to the local grocery store to buy some gum and get $ back. Needless to say, they are the only two kids i know with their names on file with the FBI.

Strakar

Monkey
Nov 17, 2001
Portugal
In 1755, Lisbon was hit by an earthquake which was estimated to have been around 9.0 in richter scale. There were 3 shakes, in a total time of 10 minutes. Following the earthquake people went to the shore line to escape the fires and the falling buildings. Simultaneous, Lisbon was hit by a tsunami composed of 3 +6 mts waves, washing the crowds into the sea. In less than an hour, of a total of 225 000 that lived in the city, 30 000 lost their lives (and this in Lisbon only)...

Status
Not open for further replies.