Quantcast

Chris King ordering

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
A four month wait is a lot to ask. Actually four months and 2 weeks if they show up when they say. Four and 1/2 months is a long time. I would settle for normal price if I could have them when I ordered them.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Which are better; the ss or alloy bodies? pros and cons of each. I know the SS weigh a little more than the alloy but what else?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I got to see the pewter. Another LBS had a pair of the alloy in Pewter and you guys are right.... it looks purplish. I kinda like it but can't decide. I would have bought the set if they weren't alloy and both the front and rear where QR. Oh well the wait continues.

The LBS borrowed me a set of wheels so I can ride till my hubs show up. I love my LBS. Now if I just dont break em. They are some Azonic FR wheelset.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i doubt you're gonna find the SS body on any hubs in a shop. the cassette body on my King Universal is marred from a bmx cog. that sucks.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i think he's be a little sarcastic, saying King should had the SS freehub bodies in stock since you don't have to worry about color options.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I got the pewter hubs for my IF hardtail. It was a very dark purple to black fade, back when fades were real popular in the nineties. The hubs match my color scheme, along with my pewter stem and crank from Raceface.

I know this has been discussed, but the unavailability of color options is a tough one. Chris King is not Shimano or SRAM, which is one of the reasons why their sh*t is so good. Still, it is disappointing that one of their advertised colors is out-of-stock for now.

I would wait for the color, but if you need a new wheelset...

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Its not just the color at this point. They have only red in a 36H that will fit my bike front and rear. They only have a black 36H for the rear. I have done a lot of research on this and they only way I could get a pair is;
-F&R from CK in red
-R from CK in black and F from QBP in black.

Make sense? I guess the 36H is a little harder to get.

Im really not set on a color anymore... just whatever comes in first as long as its black, silver, or pewter. :D