Quantcast

Chris Tucker thinking.."How do I follow that..."

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
6,260
15
Glitter Gulch
HA! i watched some of that last night but i missed that part. good for him. he's right, george bush doesn't care about black people.
 

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Vacation is Over... an open letter from Michael Moore to George W. Bush

Friday, September 2nd, 2005

Dear Mr. Bush:

Any idea where all our helicopters are? It's Day 5 of Hurricane Katrina and thousands remain stranded in New Orleans and need to be airlifted. Where on earth could you have misplaced all our military choppers? Do you need help finding them? I once lost my car in a Sears parking lot. Man, was that a drag.

Also, any idea where all our national guard soldiers are? We could really use them right now for the type of thing they signed up to do like helping with national disasters. How come they weren't there to begin with?

Last Thursday I was in south Florida and sat outside while the eye of Hurricane Katrina passed over my head. It was only a Category 1 then but it was pretty nasty. Eleven people died and, as of today, there were still homes without power. That night the weatherman said this storm was on its way to New Orleans. That was Thursday! Did anybody tell you? I know you didn't want to interrupt your vacation and I know how you don't like to get bad news. Plus, you had fundraisers to go to and mothers of dead soldiers to ignore and smear. You sure showed her!

I especially like how, the day after the hurricane, instead of flying to Louisiana, you flew to San Diego to party with your business peeps. Don't let people criticize you for this -- after all, the hurricane was over and what the heck could you do, put your finger in the dike?

And don't listen to those who, in the coming days, will reveal how you specifically reduced the Army Corps of Engineers' budget for New Orleans this summer for the third year in a row. You just tell them that even if you hadn't cut the money to fix those levees, there weren't going to be any Army engineers to fix them anyway because you had a much more important construction job for them -- BUILDING DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ!

On Day 3, when you finally left your vacation home, I have to say I was moved by how you had your Air Force One pilot descend from the clouds as you flew over New Orleans so you could catch a quick look of the disaster. Hey, I know you couldn't stop and grab a bullhorn and stand on some rubble and act like a commander in chief. Been there done that.

There will be those who will try to politicize this tragedy and try to use it against you. Just have your people keep pointing that out. Respond to nothing. Even those pesky scientists who predicted this would happen because the water in the Gulf of Mexico is getting hotter and hotter making a storm like this inevitable. Ignore them and all their global warming Chicken Littles. There is nothing unusual about a hurricane that was so wide it would be like having one F-4 tornado that stretched from New York to Cleveland.

No, Mr. Bush, you just stay the course. It's not your fault that 30 percent of New Orleans lives in poverty or that tens of thousands had no transportation to get out of town. C'mon, they're black! I mean, it's not like this happened to Kennebunkport. Can you imagine leaving white people on their roofs for five days? Don't make me laugh! Race has nothing -- NOTHING -- to do with this!

You hang in there, Mr. Bush. Just try to find a few of our Army helicopters and send them there. Pretend the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast are near Tikrit.

Yours,

Michael Moore
 

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
1,377
0
G-County, NC
Zach Dank said:
That looked like a skit from SNL or something. I thought it was funny as hell.
Except it looked like a skit that Mike Myers didn't want to be in......he looked white as a ghost when he realized West was not reading the teleprompter script :D
 

stevew

unique white person
Sep 21, 2001
32,295
3,116
laura said:
HA! i watched some of that last night but i missed that part. good for him. he's right, george bush doesn't care about black people.
Probably just as much as you do.
 

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
21,027
3
Denver
stevew said:
And you don't know me. It's so easy to pass judgement on people you have never met.
Laura was passing judgement on the President. Probably THE most public figure on the planet. What we know about him, is what he wants us to know. We do have enough information to pass judgement... which is how we vote.

On the other hand, you don't know Laura, so you're out of line.
 

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
14,057
1,270
Jimtown, CO
I've been thinking...
If rappers like Kanye West, & the whole lot of MTV rappers, didn't promote such an unattainable lifestyle to kids in the ghettos, living in poverty, maybe the looting in NO wouldn't have been so rampant.
 

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
2,093
0
crashing at a trail near you...
laura said:
HA! i watched some of that last night but i missed that part. good for him. he's right, george bush doesn't care about black people.
what a crock :rolleyes:, what precisely are you basing this on? and what does he have to do 'care' about them in your eyes?

he might not know her, but he did propose a valid statement...how much do you care? do you volunteer? or things of that nature? or are you just jumping on the bush bashin' bandwagon? also...i dind't see him using any derogatory language so if anyone was out of line it was her
 

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
2,093
0
crashing at a trail near you...
TN said:
I've been thinking...
If rappers like Kanye West, & the whole lot of MTV rappers, didn't promote such an unattainable lifestyle to kids in the ghettos, living in poverty, maybe the looting in NO wouldn't have been so rampant.

yeah they're great roll models aren't they? glorifying materialistic lifestyles and misogynistic attitudes towards women but hey its art :rolleyes:
 

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
21,027
3
Denver
ridetoofast said:
what precisely are you basing this on?
His administration's policies. Some people intrepret them that way.

But this is supposed to be a fun/goofy thread.

Start a thread about Bush & Blacks in the poly forum, so this one doesn't get moved??
 

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
2,093
0
crashing at a trail near you...
you're right this is PD fodder

honeslty i don't care enough about the subject to actually start a thread, i was just responding to her comment because the tone sounded anything but 'funny/goofy', actually it was quite hateful
 

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
2,953
36
Boise, Idaho
god all the rap bashing. big diff between rap and hip hop and i hate it when people mix it up and say it all sux and is not an art. kanye is a sick producer but ****ty rapper in my mind. good lyricisits (sp?) talk about more important issues than bitches, ice, cars and killing people. anyways rant over and im goin to see zion i in 2 hours
peace
 

stevew

unique white person
Sep 21, 2001
32,295
3,116
splat said:
I thought fat boy said he was going to move to Cuba if Bush won ? Well Bush won , why isn't he in Havana ?
Lack of Krispy Kreme franchises in the area.
 

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
1,377
0
G-County, NC
It's funny how West thinks Bush is a big problem for black society, when in truth rap and hip hop is slowely degrading black culture. Good work Kanye :stosh:
 

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
6,416
0
zod said:
It's funny how West thinks Bush is a big problem for black society, when in truth rap and hip hop is slowely degrading black culture. Good work Kanye :stosh:
rap: yes
hip-hop: no
 

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
10,846
0
Orange County, CA
zod said:
It's funny how West thinks Bush is a big problem for black society, when in truth rap and hip hop is slowely degrading black culture. Good work Kanye :stosh:
Yeah, the blacks had it so good in this country before Run-DMC. It was nothing but watermelons and fried chickens as far as the eye could see.

****ing rappers...
 

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
1,300
0
Gnarcal
Silver said:
Yeah, the blacks had it so good in this country before Run-DMC. It was nothing but watermelons and fried chickens as far as the eye could see.

****ing rappers...
LOLZ :D
 

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
9,515
589
behind you with a snap pop
Yep, rap is bad.
Jay-Z just gave ONE MILLION DOLLARS out of his own pocket straight to the Red Cross for the victims of Katrina.
What did you guys do for them? Give them a free pizza coupon you got from Pizza Hut for employee of the month? :thumb:
 

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
1,300
0
Gnarcal
Jeremy R said:
Yep, rap is bad.
Jay-Z just gave ONE MILLION DOLLARS out of his own pocket straight to the Red Cross for the victims of Katrina.
What did you guys do for them? Give them a free pizza coupon you got from Pizza Hut for employee of the month? :thumb:
double LOLZ :D
 

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
17,411
0
SF
zod said:
It's funny how West thinks Bush is a big problem for black society, when in truth rap and hip hop is slowely degrading black culture. Good work Kanye :stosh:
Ok now. I have heard how rap is not music and is bad for blacks in 1986. And in 1990. 1995. 2000. And just now.

As a general defense of rap music, one time I attended a lecture by Chuck D. He talked for 2 hours (without a pause or even a sip of water), and I was riveted the entire time.

Kanye West is an idiot. The Black Congressional Caucus might be a group of idiots. But while I do not agree about the charges of racism, it is a perspective I respect.
 

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
5,574
364
There's nothing inherently "bad" about rap or hiphop music. Holding that position is like saying mp3s are bad... (it doesn't suggest an understanding of the entire issue)

Unfortunately much of the mainstream hiphop/rap isn't the positive, let's uplift our fellow brotherman type hiphop, but rather glorifies violence, drugs, degredation of women and the persuit of almost unatainable wealth.

Kudos to Jay-z for stepping up in a time of crisis, but the messages he's putting out in the airwaves are an entirely different story.
 

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
5,574
364
sanjuro, why is Kanye an idiot (i can't say i'm particularly well informed about him)?
 

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
17,411
0
SF
I rather not break this down. I think his words speak for themselves...

Kanye West: I hate the way they portray us in the media. You see a black family it says they are looting. You see a white family it says they are looking for food. And you know there’s been five days because most of the people are black and even for me to complain about it, I would be a hypocrite because I try to turn away from the teacher… TV because it is too hard to watch. I’ve even been shopping before even giving a donation, so now I’m calling my business manager right now to see what is the biggest amount I can give.

And and just to imagine if I was down there, those are my people down there, so if anybody out there that’s wants to do anything, we can help, with the setup, the way America is setup, the poor, the black people, the less well off, as SLOW as possible, I mean, this is, Red Cross is doing everything they can (Mike Myers nodding his head) we already realize a lot of the people that could help are at war right now fighting another way, they given them permission to go down and SHOOT US.

(Mike Myers looks over and uncomfortably wipes his nose)

Mike Myers: (says his piece)

Kanye West: George Bush doesn’t care about black people.
 

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
2,093
0
crashing at a trail near you...
dump said:
There's nothing inherently "bad" about rap or hiphop music. Holding that position is like saying mp3s are bad... (it doesn't suggest an understanding of the entire issue)

Unfortunately much of the mainstream hiphop/rap isn't the positive, let's uplift our fellow brotherman type hiphop, but rather glorifies violence, drugs, degredation of women and the persuit of almost unatainable wealth.

Kudos to Jay-z for stepping up in a time of crisis, but the messages he's putting out in the airwaves are an entirely different story.
:stupid:
 
Aug 2, 2005
222
0
The Island
sanjuro said:
I rather not break this down. I think his words speak for themselves...

Kanye West: I hate the way they portray us in the media. You see a black family it says they are looting. You see a white family it says they are looking for food. And you know there’s been five days because most of the people are black and even for me to complain about it, I would be a hypocrite because I try to turn away from the teacher… TV because it is too hard to watch. I’ve even been shopping before even giving a donation, so now I’m calling my business manager right now to see what is the biggest amount I can give.

And and just to imagine if I was down there, those are my people down there, so if anybody out there that’s wants to do anything, we can help, with the setup, the way America is setup, the poor, the black people, the less well off, as SLOW as possible, I mean, this is, Red Cross is doing everything they can (Mike Myers nodding his head) we already realize a lot of the people that could help are at war right now fighting another way, they given them permission to go down and SHOOT US.

(Mike Myers looks over and uncomfortably wipes his nose)

Mike Myers: (says his piece)

Kanye West: George Bush doesn’t care about black people.

Kanye is an admitted weedhead....this rant sounds like too many stoned ramblings I have heard over the years. Yes he was trying to raise money for a good cause.....did he make a bit of sense??? NOPE!!!!!
 

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
2,240
0
Arkansaw
Jeremy R said:
Yep, rap is bad.
Jay-Z just gave ONE MILLION DOLLARS out of his own pocket straight to the Red Cross for the victims of Katrina.
What did you guys do for them? Give them a free pizza coupon you got from Pizza Hut for employee of the month? :thumb:
Your my hero