Quantcast

Christmas with the devil.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I can't tell you what to get your wife, but I can tell you what I got my financée, and why. The why is pretty easy: we tend to get each other things that we know the other needs or wants, but maybe wouldn't buy for ourselves or buy as nice for ourselves. So, the list...
  • Ray Ban Erika sunglasses -- she usually only spends like $25 or less on sunglasses for herself. We were recently on a trip and she forgot sunglasses, and she found some knockoffs of this style and bought them. She really likes the style, but the sunglasses are GARBAGE. So, I'm getting her nice ones.
  • Arcade Ranger Slim belt -- again, she's been griping about needing a new belt for a while now. She only has one, and it's super dated in style. Like, late 90s sorta dated. And she's terrible at just buying shit like this for herself... she could have just gotten a new belt MONTHS ago, but here we are. And she's practical and active, she's not into "fashiony" shit really, so I went with a "practical and active" belt. (To be fair, I literally don't own a pair of pants that don't have a hole in them... and I expect I will be getting at least one pair of pants for Christmas :rofl: )
  • Some kinda fancy face cream that she really likes. She'll buy this for herself, but it's an easy stocking stuffer and lets her know that I kinda-sorta pay attention to stuff.
  • Tiny chihuahua earrings -- there are two things she loves: avocados and chihuahuas. When she was shopping for her sister (who I've been friends with for ~10 years longer than I've even known my financée) she saw these stained glass chihuahua earrings and showed them to me. I liked these little ones mo'bettah. A couple years back I got her a necklace with a pendant carved from an avocado seed, and she wears it all the time.
  • I'll probably also pick her up some really nice organic, low sugar, fair trade chocolate candy things, because she loves that shit as a little treat every now and then.
  • Avocado saver -- because avocados. She literally eats a half an avo a day when she's not working, so this little doo dad will help keep them shits fresh in the fridge.
So there ya go. That's my approach: stuff she needs, stuff that shows her I listen to her and care, stuff that she wouldn't buy for herself. YMMV.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Oh yeah, she also loves IPAs, so I'll probably pick up a fancy bomber or two of some kind of special IPA...

...that we will clearly share, so it's kind of also a gift for me.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I am so screwed for Christmas this year. I've ordered a few things for the lady friend, but they are in that limbo of no mans land with shipping updates. One of them is custom printed socks and blankets, with the doggos and cats faces on them.

Top it off, I didn't even realize Christmas was in the middle of next week, not the weekend. So shipping anything now is just a lost cause.

AND we're in lock down, so 99% of shops are closed. So yep.

But hey at least the beer and liquor stores are still open.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Christmas come on some other day in Canada? 'Cause 'round here it's on Friday. Which is basically the weekend. :homer:
Shit I guess you're right. I'm going crazy.

But in reality, shopping for anything on the 24th means you won't find anything. So then you're left with the 23rd, which is Wednesday.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I married into "teh Tribe" so while our kiddos are blessed with the Chanukah/Solstice/X-mas/Kwanza/Festivus Pole extravaganza I procured 2 sets of these bad larry's™ -- one for myself and one the missus:)

All praise to Nana (my mom) who takes care of the Crazy for Christmas niche, so we don't even put a tree up in our house -- though I'm supposed to help install some lights tonight (Bah Humbug!)

For me X-mas is all about cookies, Jackson5 carols and day drinking

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I am so screwed for Christmas this year. I've ordered a few things for the lady friend, but they are in that limbo of no mans land with shipping updates. One of them is custom printed socks and blankets, with the doggos and cats faces on them.

Top it off, I didn't even realize Christmas was in the middle of next week, not the weekend. So shipping anything now is just a lost cause.

AND we're in lock down, so 99% of shops are closed. So yep.

But hey at least the beer and liquor stores are still open.
You can always offer some Christmas morning sausage and beans.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
T
And apparently mushrooms for a ‘full English’.
I guess Rideit’s plater would probably qualify as a full English, even without shrooms, but the biggest crime is the healthy looking bread. It should really be fried (in lard) crappy white bread. Also missing HP sauce and/or Heinz Ketchup.

I think the Northern Europeans have some of the better, tastier, healthier breakfasts. England and to some degree Germany went a bit wrong at some point in the old breakfast department.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Me: what do you want for Christmas?
Wife: a vitamix blender
Me: *orders it* you'll have it Thursday
Grabbed it from outside today and handed it to her.

Who said romance was dead?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I think the Northern Europeans have some of the better, tastier, healthier breakfasts.
Danishes and/or cold cut platters? Pass.

Btw, what's your website? I'd love to see your wares... :pleasantry::brows:

Me: what do you want for Christmas?
Wife: a vitamix blender
Me: *orders it* you'll have it Thursday
Grabbed it from outside today and handed it to her.

Who said romance was dead?
I ordered all my own Christmas gifts this year and have been using them already. Ill only wrap them so that the kids don't feel sorry for me!