Quantcast

chrome bars

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
what do you guys think about chrome bars on a black frame bike? silver rim sidewalls, but other than that, all black?

-r

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
Don't do it. For two reasons:

#1 Chrome plating weakens steel... Unless they're aluminum bars, you're begging for trouble.

#2 Chrome on an otherwise black bike? Naaaaaaah.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
the loss of strength is relavent(sp?)

I've had just about every part possible in chrome at one time or another. frames, forks, bars, stems, cranks, seat post, brakes, pedals, rims and yes, even tires :D

some parts broke, some didn't. it may have been from the chroming but I doubt it.

you didn't mention how much you weigh, how hard you ride, what you ride etc.

as for what looks good with what colors? I could care less. I'm more about the riding then the fashion. the onlyl one color I really don't like is pink.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Ride what works and is going to last. It's not a fashion show, but maybe that's me. I guess you could go put on your Calvins on and bling out your bike. I'll see you on the trail. That's it your not to busy buffing your bike:D

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
If you have chrome bars and a black bike that needs bars, put them on. If you have black bars too, put those on and look like every other rider out there with an all black bike. Or get out some sandpaper and spraypaint and make those bars any color you want, maybe dayglo orange?