Quantcast

Chuckanut Double Black Diamond.. question

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
I know a lot of people think this trail is a waste of time... but I rather enjoy it. It's one of the few downhill trails I know of around here..

Have there ever been any plans to extend it? Theres a lot more trail that could be built instead of just bawling down those fireroads.

Also when you get to the end of the double black diamond trail theres a trail that goes off to the left.

what is that?

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
I love that trail!

it is illegal to do any building as it is a state park, so extending it is a no go.

I'm not sure what trail your talking about, there is the hiking trail that is illegal to ride down (Don't do it, they WILL fine you!) but I haven;t seen anything else there (not that I've looked, I like the fast fireroad ride)

Kyle,

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
I love that trail!

it is illegal to do any building as it is a state park, so extending it is a no go.

I'm not sure what trail your talking about, there is the hiking trail that is illegal to ride down (Don't do it, they WILL fine you!) but I haven;t seen anything else there (not that I've looked, I like the fast fireroad ride)

Kyle,

No worries I wasn't planning on building anything my self. Who could I suggest it too?

The fireroad is fun..but some more trail would be awesome

I've almost got fined riding down this hiker only trail at little mountain....
it was so hard to resist. The thing is so steep I don't see why anyone would hike it anyway!

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
I guess you could try to talk to the state and see about getting a grant/permission/signage/etc for another trail, but I wouldn't count on it. the politics behind building in a state park are more trouble than it's worth, but then again, that trail is really fun....

Kyle,

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
I guess you could try to talk to the state and see about getting a grant/permission/signage/etc for another trail, but I wouldn't count on it. the politics behind building in a state park are more trouble than it's worth, but then again, that trail is really fun....

Kyle,
god I wish this country would grasp mountain biking more like other areas.
It's not like were using motor vechials and are going to sue the state for injuries. It's are own fault if we get hurt

Is there a website you could point me too? If I ever any luck how about a transition work party out there? haha I would love to meet you guys.

trying to save up for a blindside or a bottlerocket right now.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
No chance if getting anything built out there. The WHIMPs don't even have a good time working on Chuckanut. They have done some work on the trails there before, but the state/county parks keep changing their minds and don't understand the proper way to build a trail, etc. If the WHIMPs can hardly do anything, no one else stands a chance. I wish it could be done too. However, I have heard of a connector trail from Lily and Lizard lakes on Blanchard over to Lost lake. Don't know when that will happen though.

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
if anyone "knows" of anything like double black diamond. I sure wouldn't mind a PM with directions...

no worries I won't get my hopes up ;]

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
yea, we'll line up to provide directions on the forums
Since someone else mentioned that it is in a State or County park my guess is it is legal. So why not give directions. That is the kind of trail that people should get directions to and be encouraged to ride. If people are douches about giving directions to legal trails thats not going to encourage anyone to take up biking, which is what will help our sport in the long run. If this trail isn't legal or is on private land sorry for the rant and my misunderstanding.