Quantcast

Chumba Racing Dirt Demo at Boyscout Pacifica

mrpercussive

Monkey
Feb 11, 2007
CA
There was a mix up with the times today. Supposedly was 3pm and Walter didnt have my phone number. But i just called his cell and now he does. He's going to be out there for sure tomorrow though... Here's an email from him i recieved today... Anyone looking for some sick deals on some sick bikes... this is the time...

Place : Boyscout, Pacifica, CA
Time : Sunday, 10/12/08 11am

Hey Guys:

Please spread the word to all your friends that I am staying til Monday and offering unbelievable prices on the product I brought up. I am doing a demo at boy scouts I guess or where ever yesterday was supposed to be at 11am so we can make it back in time to enjoy the day. Please spread the word or we could do Monday morning if that would be better but I'd rather do tommow. Tell your friend that had the DH bike destroyed that I have a frame and a complete at these great deals.

Please call me tonight.

(949) 887-5640

I'm glad I was able to donate the frame to your cause and I hope it helped.

Here is the pricing I will offer you on the bikes if you are interested in buying before I leave on Monday.

1. XCL Gray Frame with RP23 SHOCK Size M $1,100 MSRP $1449
2. EVO Bright Green Frame with Shimano E-Type 770 Derailler mounted: $1,200 MSRP $1549 w/o E-Type Der.
3. White F5 Frame with Floating Brake and Fixed Brake and new Bearing System: $1500 MSRP $2500 w/ extra parts

Completes:

1. F5 Sunburst Orange w DHX 5.0 X F40, Syncross/Hope Wheel Set, Thomson Seatpost/Stem, Cris King Headset, Avid Code Brakes, MRP Chain Guide, cranks husselfet 1.1 etc. $3,800 MSRP up to $6500
2. XCL Candy Red Med w/ RP23: XT complete XT set up. Fox Float RLC 140 9mm, Thomson Seatpost/Stem, Cris King Head Set, All XT brakes, Shifters, roaters, wheelset, cranks, easton bars, chumba custom lock grips, saddle: MSRP $4300+ $3000
3. HX1 26er White Med. Eccentric BB...SLX package...with Van R 140mm, Easton Bar, Easton seat post, CC head set, Chumba Custom Wheel Set MSRP $2700 $1650

Let's make this happen and please list your comments on how we can improve our products.

Best Regards,

Walter Grieves

--
Walter W. Grieves
CHUMBA RACING

Video:
Walter from Chumba Racing at Interbike shows off the Chumba VF2, F5, 26er HX1 and the 29er HX2 that can be run single speed or geared.
http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1480107757/bclid1811464283/bctid1830104921

mrpercussive

Monkey
Feb 11, 2007
CA
*UPDATE

I'll be kicking it with Walter tomorrow... A bunch of guys will be coming too but most at around 1pm... I know Adam from mtbr will be there as well with a bunch of guys from Davis and some locals... gonna be a blast...

mrpercussive

Monkey
Feb 11, 2007
CA
So Walter Grieves from Chumba Racing drove up from Anaheim for the premier of NWD9 which was thrown by SF Dirtlab at Chrome HQ in San Francisco. With him, he brought along an F5, XCL, VF2 and HX1. Chumba also threw down an Evo frame for the raffle to help raise funds and benefit the bike park project which is going on right now in SF. Felt really cool as i finally got to meet Walter in person. Dude is chill :thumbsup:

Anyways, came Sunday. It was a good day indeed. Took Bart to SF and Walter was so cool to pick me up from Bart. We headed over to Pacifica and setup right on Higgins street... Busy indeed. Quite a few people came and said hi and demoed the bikes. All those who had had a huge grin on their faces and how it was like cheating... XD Everyone had a good time and more and more people came to find how riding a Chumba really felt... :thumbsup: Anyways, here are some pics and vids from the day...

I got to test ride the HX1 and i loved it. The geometry was spot on. Railed the corners amazing and jumped like a champ. It felt solid in between my legs and rode pretty smooth for a hardtail... I pretty much just jumped on the bike, did a warm up run and then started doing the bigger dobules. Kinda makes you question, what cant this bike do???

<object width='320' height='294'><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /><param name='movie' value='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/43008' /><embed src='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/43008' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='320' height='294' allowFullScreen='true' /></object>

The guys testing out the Chumba F5... Was amazing to see how comfortable they were and how quickly they adapted to the bike... TomMunka felt so at home with it that he did the Career Ender on it (35 foot step down). Those who rode it loved it... Tom just bought himself an F5 the next day and 2 other guys are trying to sell their current rigs as we speak... :thumbsup:

<object width='320' height='294'><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /><param name='movie' value='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/43005' /><embed src='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/43005' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='320' height='294' allowFullScreen='true' /></object>

Didnt really take pics of the VF2 and the XCL... but one of the guys who rode the XCL is also putting in an order. Amazing what a simple demo can do eh?? XD

No one really rode the VF2 as the terrain seemed a bit gnarly for it but i did air it out on some doubles... Should've gotten some pics though... That bike pedalled very very well and felt hella solid. Climbing was a joke to it at 26lbs with a heavy build... lols

All in all a good day indeed... Thanks to Walter for driving up all the way up here and supporting the mtb community while giving us the opportunity to ride a Chumba... Cant wait to see what else is in store as Chumba is indeed growing very very fast... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: