Quantcast

Chunked Jester Stem

MrPlow

Monkey
Sep 9, 2004
Toowoomba Queensland
Yeh cow it isn't ugly or that heavy . Way to knock someone giving it a go in the industry you love too. Real nice. By the way it is replacing one of them fancy lightweight stems that broke. Rather have something. That lasts and take a dump to save the weight.

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
Yeh cow it isn't ugly or that heavy
We can agree to disagree. I was interested in their integrated stems, when I heard they do them for BOS forks, but then saw one and it's even uglier than this one you linked.

Way to knock someone giving it a go in the industry you love too. Real nice.
Egh - was that supposed to invoke some sort of guilt in me, with a school yard "real nice" ?

Made in Australia too. Not China/Taiwan.
I'm so over the "boycott eastern products" type platitudes. What's wrong with a product made in the far east?

By the way it is replacing one of them fancy lightweight stems that broke. Rather have something. That lasts and take a dump to save the weight.
Good for you, my better looking, lighter stem from the far east is not broken - seems both your point and mine mean nothing then.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
I was interested in their integrated stems, when I heard they do them for BOS forks, but then saw one and it's even uglier than this one you linked.
Like you pick up chicks cause of how your bike looks. The stem/crown combo looks good as far as logic goes IMO, providing you like low bars. Personally I'd prefer my Chunked 40 crown had more drop, and more stem rise, but not by much. If you like em low and light the Chunked is on the money IMO.
so over the "boycott eastern products" type platitudes. What's wrong with a product made in the far east?
I'm in Oz, so I can probably safely say higher carbon footprint, oh and a minor fear of being run owned and ruled by China, and a fear for how they'll spend my money if I buy their products. Politics and economics is above me but, and I'm possibly way wrong.
Also, 99% of made in China products(not bike specific)sold in Oz are total rubbish, made poorly with very poor quality control for what seems like no reason but profit, and consumption. This is obviously watered down by say US companies making bike products under supervision there, then you get a lot of great products made in the "far East".
Please nobody turn this into some racist crap debate, I'm just generalizing about the products sold in Australia, made in China etc.

Last edited: