Quantcast

ciao! (a quick teaser)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
whew. after staying awake for nearly 24 hrs, the jet lag is hitting hard. more caffe americano, por favore.

i've got about 700 photos to trawl through, and somehow i didn't get the ones from St Peter's off my brother-in-law's computer (hopefully they are still there; if they are gone i'm gonna be bummed) so i guess this will be a weekend+ job. but here are a couple tasters, antipasto if you will. :D

the inevitable colosseo:

everyone on the bench in the teatro of ancient village Ostia Antica (no sh^t, Morrissey is gonna play there in about 5 weeks).

the insider's way to see Roma, from the back of a Vespa:

more later, along w/ some written highlights of the trip. i will also be posting a relevant topic of the delicious food/wine i had in the B&F forum...:drool:

all in all, one of the best vacations i can remember. the kids were absolutely great, it was *very* nice having interpreters to navigate around, and the weather was fantastic.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
What do we want? "More"
When do we want it? "At a time convenient to you"
Nice one Narlus, looking forward to a more extensive report.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I take it you have family over there?

More pics at your leisure please.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
yeah, my wife's sister, her husband, and their 5 y/o have been there since last August. he teaches at a local private school and got a sabbatical; 1/2 salary w/ no job obligations for 12 months. she's a freelance writer, so it doesn't matter where she works and so they decided to see how living in Rome would be. they loved it, and are a bit sad they've only got about 7 weeks left.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:
yeah, my wife's sister, her husband, and their 5 y/o have been there since last August. he teaches at a local private school and got a sabbatical; 1/2 salary w/ no job obligations for 12 months. she's a freelance writer, so it doesn't matter where she works and so they decided to see how living in Rome would be. they loved it, and are a bit sad they've only got about 7 weeks left.
Get us the rest of the goods, man! My job has sabbatical opportunities after 5 years. Might make it worth staying here a bit longer. :D

I :heart: Italy.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
How many different countries are stamped on the kiddies passports?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Very cool - I haven't been to Italy but for a second on a mountain bike ride that straddled the country.

Can't wait for details.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stevew said:
How many different countries are stamped on the kiddies passports?
in rough order, i think this is complete

england
ireland
belgium
canary islands
denmark
spain
czech republic
sweden
france
st maarten
italy