Quantcast

Cincinnati Monkeys?

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Any cinci monkeys out there?

Going to head that way in 2 weeks with wife and a few friends.

Found this:
http://www.coramtb.org/

Now, just trying to rank the trails from most fun to least fun. Time will probably not allow us to hit all of the trails listed, but we would like to start with most fun and work our way down until we run out of time/energy.

None of us are experts, but we all like to ride/race DH and ride XC. We'll have our XC/Trail bikes with us.

Prefer fun over pedaling for mile after boring mile. Suggestions appreciated.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Going to Ohio and hoping for decent bike riding... :think:

Good luck with that. At least you're from MI so your standards are low...
Helpful you are... How is the riding in CO right now? It seems to me that taking the family to the Kentucky side of Cinci would be the perfect place to take the Family to early spring if I lived in MI.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Devou park in Kentucky is cool. I got chased by dogs alot. Atv's too, I had fun.
Devou was certainly a must ride, looked pretty fun. Trying to figure out which other trails in the list are worth hitting. Cinci is only about a 4 hour drive maybe 5 hour drive for us, so it will work for a quick weekend trip to help cure the cabin fever.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Devou was certainly a must ride, looked pretty fun. Trying to figure out which other trails in the list are worth hitting. Cinci is only about a 4 hour drive maybe 5 hour drive for us, so it will work for a quick weekend trip to help cure the cabin fever.
The southern parts of the park are by houses in a wealthy neighborhood. You skirt several back yards on the trails. We had a protective German Sheppard chase us around. It was kind of scary.... The skyline views will make up for it.