Quantcast

Cinco de Mayo WOO F'ING HOO

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i'm going camping, i'm going camping. its kind of nasty out now, but its supposed to stop raining soon and stay cool all wekend. taking my man, my puppy, and my ride and just going to relax for a while. I can't wait.

J

JRB

Westy said:
I'd use hydraulic hose. The bats would work too fast.
It fugures the only hydraulic hose that you would know about would be less effective than a bat.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
TreeSaw said:
Happy Cinco de Mayo...I will celebrate with a post-ride margarita (could be scary as we'll be at an Irish Pub :eek: )
Change the ride to Colonie or Lock 7 and you could stop at Pancho's in Clifton Park on the way home for Chile Rellano's and a Pitcher of Margarita's. :drool:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
loco said:
It fugures the only hydraulic hose that you would know about would be less effective than a bat.
It fugures:confused:

I'm sure you are just a wealth of hydraulic hose knowledge, working on ch1t spreaders will do that.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Cinco de Mayo after(bike ride)party, featuring Pomegranate and regular Margaritas, plus Margarita Limon Jello shots, Coronas w/ limes, food and more.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
douglas said:
Cinco de Mayo after(bike ride)party, featuring Pomegranate and regular Margaritas, plus Margarita Limon Jello shots, Coronas w/ limes, food and more.
So whoa just whoa......

I had a normal margarita. Then the manager comes up pimping prickly pear margaritas..... nice oh so nice. Then that was so good I just had to have another one..... then the manager comes back with special tequilas for his special customers. So a nice anejo corazon.

Now I'm back in the office wondering why I'm back in the office.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Not a big Marguerita fan here, usually too sweet for me. But last year I found myself on the road for work during a weekend and I decided to skip out on work and drink all day. I found a place that made one thay I liked, not very sweet, plenty of agave flavor. Considering the condition I was in by 11:00 AM I'm guessing they were mainly tequila with a few splashes of M.M.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
The battle between the French and Mexican armies occurred on May 5 when Zaragoza's ill-equipped militia of 4,500 men encountered the better-armed French force outside Puebla. However, Zaragoza's small and nimble cavalry units were able to prevent French dragoons from taking the field and overwhelming the Mexican infantry. With the dragoons removed from the main attack, the Mexicans routed the remaining French soldiers with a combination of their tenacity, inhospitable terrain, and a stampede of cattle set off by local peasants. The invasion was stopped and crushed.

The French Emperor, upon learning of the failed invasion, immediately dispatched another force, this time numbering 30,000 soldiers. By 1864, they succeeded in defeating the Mexican army and occupying Mexico City. Archduke Maximillian became Emperor of Mexico.

So...the Mexican army has a temporary victory against the French in 1862 and this is the reason a bunch of gringo slobs get fvcked up on May 5th and make the shareholders of Corona that much richer?

It's like Halloween for the Mexican beer companies, only it's not candy, it's piss-water with lime.

Why do Americans need another reason to get drunk? Is everything not completely screwed up enough to get wasted anyway?

Retarded.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
H8R said:
So...the Mexican army has a temporary victory against the French in 1862 and this is the reason a bunch of gringo slobs get fvcked up on May 5th and make the shareholders of Corona that much richer?

It's like Halloween for the Mexican beer companies, only it's not candy, it's piss-water with lime.

Why do Americans need another reason to get drunk? Is everything not completely screwed up enough to get wasted anyway?

Retarded.
Looks like you could use a

and a

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Westy said:
Looks like you could use a
I'm no expert on international holidays, but how is a pizza cutter going to be helpful on a Mexican holiday? Unless he's having Mexican pizza. Mexican pizza is pretty good, you know, with ground beef, jalapenos, tortilla strips, etc.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:
I'm no expert on international holidays, but how is a pizza cutter going to be helpful on a Mexican holiday? Unless he's having Mexican pizza. Mexican pizza is pretty good, you know, with ground beef, jalapenos, tortilla strips, etc.
Quesadilla don't cut themselves.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I Are Baboon said:
Mmm... sounds good.

Oddly enought the worst place I ever ate pizza was in Sicily... who'da thunk it..?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Westy said:
Not a big Marguerita fan here, usually too sweet for me. But last year I found myself on the road for work during a weekend and I decided to skip out on work and drink all day. I found a place that made one thay I liked, not very sweet, plenty of agave flavor. Considering the condition I was in by 11:00 AM I'm guessing they were mainly tequila with a few splashes of M.M.
Hopefully there was no mix in there at all. The best margs are just good tequila (100% agave), fresh lime juice, and a little simple syrup or maybe cointreau. (Rocks and no salt for me please.)

Unless you specify most bars serve cuervo gold or some other sugar-based tequila and a super sweet mix. Blech.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
N8 said:
Oddly enought the worst place I ever ate pizza was in Sicily... who'da thunk it..?
The worst pizza I ever had was in Modena. Like an Ak-Mak cracker with ketchup and a sprinkle of bad cheese.

:looney:

I told everyone there that they were living a lie and they needed to come to the USA and get some Chicago stuffed pizza.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Cinco de Mayo is not a 'Beer' or a 'Food' - it's a Partay!

And there are no 'shareholders' in Corona. It's wholly owned by Maria Aramburuzabala and her family as a subsidiary of Grupo Modelo.

Negra Modelo
Corona
Victoria [Fantastic Beer and nearly impossible to find!]
Pacifico.

Look, just go out, have fun, whoop it up.

Don't like Mexicans or anyone who's different than you? Stay home and drink lots of Coors and Whoop It Up.

Hell, it's May, the weather's nice and we're still alive.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Nobody said:
Look, just go out, have fun, whoop it up.
No.

:mad:

So the Mexican army kicked France's ass - temporarily. So fvcking what?

We don't get drunk on Becks beer on June 25th to celebrate the capitulation of France to the Nazis. Why get hammered on May 5th?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
N8 said:
I don't trust New Mexican cooking outside of the Rio Grande valley.
i swear 'trust' was not in the post i saw and quoted...maybe DRB's tequila fumes are making me woozy.

the closer to TX, the worse off you are, in regards to anything.

coyote cafe for the win.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
H8R said:
No.

:mad:

So the Mexican army kicked France's ass - temporarily. So fvcking what?

We don't get drunk on Becks beer on June 25th to celebrate the capitulation of France to the Nazis. Why get hammered on May 5th?

No need to sh!t all over another peoples traditions and holidays because you look down on them.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
narlus said:
i swear 'trust' was not in the post i saw and quoted...maybe DRB's tequila fumes are making me woozy.

the closer to TX, the worse off you are, in regards to anything.

coyote cafe for the win.

Yes, agreed, Tex Mex is an abomination.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
N8 said:
No need to sh!t all over another peoples traditions and holidays because you look down on them.
I'm not sh1tting on it, I'm buzz-killing.

:blah:

We all know you need no reason to get fvcked up, you're an aspiring pro.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
H8R said:
I'm not sh1tting on it, I'm buzz-killing.

:blah:

We all know you need no reason to get fvcked up, you're an aspiring pro.

In the spirit of this Holiday, I dub thee:

Pendejo.*

*H8R En Español