Quantcast

cinematography and slide shows

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Does anyone know a good program that I can use to make slide shows of still pictures and edit videos. I use disposable cameras which are good for biking and snowboarding because they are durable and fast. Soon, my parents are going to get me a canon rebel. I want to start making slide shows with music like guerilla radio by rage against the machine. I want to be able to make it zoom into the picture or out of it or go into the picture from the bottom the top or sides. I want to be able to do other effects to bring the pictures up during show. I am going to save up for a helmet cam which i will use to follow my freinds snowboarding, biking or skateboarding. We will switch and film each other. I want to start puting videos togethter and editing them with music. At my school, next year when I am a sophmore I am going to take a photo class for a year. The next year I am going to take a cinematograpy editing class. So, does anyone know a good editing program I can make slide shows and edit videos with that doesnt cost a million dollars?

DitchWitch

Chimp
Feb 21, 2005
Northern California
mtnbrider said:
Does anyone know a good program that I can use to make slide shows of still pictures and edit videos. I use disposable cameras which are good for biking and snowboarding because they are durable and fast. Soon, my parents are going to get me a canon rebel. I want to start making slide shows with music like guerilla radio by rage against the machine. I want to be able to make it zoom into the picture or out of it or go into the picture from the bottom the top or sides. I want to be able to do other effects to bring the pictures up during show. I am going to save up for a helmet cam which i will use to follow my freinds snowboarding, biking or skateboarding. We will switch and film each other. I want to start puting videos togethter and editing them with music. At my school, next year when I am a sophmore I am going to take a photo class for a year. The next year I am going to take a cinematograpy editing class. So, does anyone know a good editing program I can make slide shows and edit videos with that doesnt cost a million dollars?
my brother uses something called Picture Gear Studio it seems to work pretty good...the only problem is i think it came with his computer...so i don't know where you could get.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
There is movie maker for XP, but it's somewhat limited on what you can do. It's a fun little program to make movies, and pretty easy to use.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Depending on what features you want you may be able to use MS Powerpoint and make a slideshow presentation. Yes, you can add music. I have a few programs that might work... Compu Pic Pro, Adobe Premier, and another that I can't remember the name of. If you like I can send you a copy for TESTING and EVALUATIVE purposes only. (Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more).

There are apps available, we just have to find the best one. I have a friend who does this stuff a lot. I'll ask her tonight and let you know.

As far as video editing, I have Adobe Premier. Haven't really worked with it much, but it is supposed to be pretty good.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
On my dell laptop, the is windows movie maker. I ve never used a video program before. I made a little still picture video with it. It's my first time, so I wont know it's limitations.