Quantcast

Circuit Breadboard Layout

Blown240

Monkey
Nov 19, 2013
Any of you guys know how to layout components on a breadboard? I want to build this circuit for windshield wiper delay on my 61 Chevy truck... I can read the schematic fine, but I can't wrap my head around the layout on the board.

Thanks!

Blown240

Monkey
Nov 19, 2013
I'm starting with this little board that I had left over from another project.

I have build tube amps before, I just have always had a layout to start with...

pizza diavola

Monkey
Dec 3, 2013
E
You'll need the pinout for the transistor.
Yeah, everything that is connected together on your schematic needs to be connected together on your proto board. Sorry if that is a "duh" response! So the black dots mean more than two components connect at that junction. Otherwise where there is a line from a resistor to something else for example, connect them with a wire on your proto board. Again, apologies if this is obvious but your (OP) question implied to me it was not.

Blown240

Monkey
Nov 19, 2013
I was able to find all the components I need at Frys for about $20. The problem is that there is no old board to mimic. The wipers I'm my truck are single speed, on/off... Im adding an adjustable delay circuit because it doesn't rain much around here.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i just typed what you were looking for into google images....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I'm starting with this little board that I had left over from another project.

I have build tube amps before, I just have always had a layout to start with...
Not quite what I was thinking of.

This allows you to plug in parts without soldering.

I built a bunch of circuit boards when I was a kid and used a bread board to pre-build before etching a circuit board and soldering parts into place. Fun stuff.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
We made circuit boards in a high school trade-skills class. Put some shit over the copper then dumped it in an acid bath or something to eat away the copper. The shop teacher said he had do chelation therapy every couple weeks due to all the dissolved heavy metals in his body.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
We made circuit boards in a high school trade-skills class. Put some shit over the copper then dumped it in an acid bath or something to eat away the copper. The shop teacher said he had do chelation therapy every couple weeks due to all the dissolved heavy metals in his body.
Yeah, used to buy that stuff from Radioshack and made the boards the same way. Wonder if they still sell it ?

Blown240

Monkey
Nov 19, 2013
Thanks got the replies guys!

I got mine built, but when it didn't work, I realized that one of the transistors I bought isn't what the guy said it was, so back to Frys. The thing I really like is how tiny the circuit is.

I need to get a real breadboard, so I can test the next one before I build it....

Blown240

Monkey
Nov 19, 2013
SUCCESS!! I got this working and it works very well!

Delay is adjustable from 1-1/2 seconds to 55 seconds. The pink wire goes to power, and the white wire goes to a relay to switch ground on the wiper motor.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Yeah, used to buy that stuff from Radioshack and made the boards the same way. Wonder if they still sell it ?
You can get some things at "The Shack", but it is scarce. Last time I needed some capacitors o a project they had 2 of the 8 I needed at one, some had none. 3 years of high school electronics (and a degree in electronics from ITT :rofl: ). I used to get and build a ton crap from RS.