Quantcast

City boy turned Country bumpkin

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
So I had to go to NYC this week for some training and I gotta tell ya, it sucked! I grew up in Rochester NY (yup, in the city) and have since moved to the Kingdom in Vermont. It appears that the city boy in me has completely vanished! I walked a few blocks through a section of Queens and man I felt wierd.

Wherever I walk around VT people look at each other, say hi, smile. :D But ****e, in NYC you keep your eyes to yourself! :(

Different strokes I guess...

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Yeah, it's definitely easy to get accustomed to the country once you're there for a while. I tried living in a small city for awhile and I definitely like the country setting I'm in so much better now. Plus, as a bike rider, you're always close to the trails :)

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
McGRP01 said:
NYC I can do without. Boston on the other hand... Man I love that place! :thumb:
Ya know, I am with you, brotha. Boston has a better feel to it. Less angst if ya know what I mean...

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
jollytime said:
Ya know, I am with you, brotha. Boston has a better feel to it. Less angst if ya know what I mean...
I lived in VT. for 5 years, moved to Boston for 6, and now I'm back in upstate NY (about 30 mins. from the VT. border). Other than the driving/parking, Boston is a GREAT city. Sure, it has it's bad parts like anywhere else, but I never felt scared to be anywhere in Boston like I have when in NYC.