Quantcast

Clarification on Ailse 14 please...

J

JRB

I am having trouble these days knowing what we can actually post about and where to do so, when allowable. Can we get some better guidelines??? I don't mind wasting my time posting threads, but I fear that we will soon discourage everyone from starting new threads and MancilG, N8 and myself will be the only new thread starters. Do you really want that???

J

JRB

moff_quigley said:
Is "ailse" anything like "goatse"? :shudders:
Crap - yes. That's how goatse came about. It all starts with a simple click of the wrong key. Argh.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
How about just having some common f*cking decency towards other members? Like when someone posts pictures of their wife, how about people not making references to having @nal sex with her? This isn't that complicated.

J

JRB

I was just talking about the moved threads really, but I could see someone gettin' miffed about the mention of butt bangin' their wife. :think:

I hate to agree with echo, but that is a point.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
WTF is a "cuttie"?

Never mind. I don't want to know. :dead:
I could have posted a nice pic of a cuttie last night. I had Taco Bell for dinner.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
loco said:
I was just talking about the moved threads really
if you can't figure out the main objective of yr post, and then correctly match it w/ one of the various forums available here, perhaps you shouldn't be on the internet.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:
if you can't figure out the main objective of yr post, and then correctly match it w/ one of the various forums available here, perhaps you shouldn't be on the internet.
I thought that's what the Lounge was for............. anything and everything that doesn't belong somewhere else on the Internet. :think:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
syadasti said:
Nice example of how to behave with that language :rolleyes:
Maybe you have trouble figuring out what's acceptable behavior without a proper role model, but I think Echo is assuming that most of us are of an age that hearing a few curse words isn't going to adversely affect our behavior :rolleyes:

J

JRB

narlus said:
Simply talking about last night's ride or a few pics from a ride doesn't always deserve a ride report thread.

Why isn't there a music forum???

J

JRB

binary visions said:
Maybe you have trouble figuring out what's acceptable behavior without a proper role model, but I think Echo is assuming that most of us are of an age that hearing a few curse words isn't going to adversely affect our behavior :rolleyes:
Echo has PM'd me to tell me not to curse. So has BeerDemon. I should chill that out again.

J

JRB

narlus said:
For instance - I am going to start a thread about something that happened on the Ride of Silence last night that is not really a report. It will likely get moved to the road board, but is something that everyone really should read.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
SkaredShtles said:
I thought that's what the Lounge was for............. anything and everything that doesn't belong somewhere else on the Internet. :think:
right, but when people consistently ignore forums like Tech Talk, Food/Beer, Fitness, Ride Reports, etc, and put topics which pertain to those into the Lounge, it pretty much defeats the purpose of the lounge, right?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
loco said:
For instance - I am going to start a thread about something that happened on the Ride of Silence last night that is not really a report. It will likely get moved to the road board, but is something that everyone really should read.

is it a report about a ride?

and why do you think:

1) that everyone should read it

and

2) that no one will see it in the road forum?

J

JRB

Beer and Food is the worst idea ever. If I can read a thread, great, but I don't want to spend an hour doing that. I'd post on the food network's board if that was the case.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
loco said:
Beer and Food is the worst idea ever. If I can read a thread, great, but I don't want to spend an hour doing that. I'd post on the food network's board if that was the case.
:nopity:

once again, basic cognitive skills elude you. depending on where a thread may reside, it would take you an hour to read it?

ps - answer my previous questions.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
loco said:
WTF are you talking about?

If you don't want to read about beer and food, you don't have to go into the forum. If you only want to spend a minute reading about beer and food, you can click on the forum and do what I do for every forum on Ridemonkey - look for interesting topics, and only click on those.

You spend your whole day here. Why are you complaining about the extra two seconds it takes to click into another forum?

J

JRB

narlus said:
:nopity:

once again, basic cognitive skills elude you. depending on where a thread may reside, it would take you an hour to read it?

ps - answer my previous questions.
I don't want to get bogged down reading about feta cheese in 9 threads is all.

It's not really road riding stuff, as it applies to urban and commuting too.

It's something that was said, due to something from the ride. That's all.

J

JRB

binary visions said:

If you don't want to read about beer and food, you don't have to go into the forum. If you only want to spend a minute reading about beer and food, you can click on the forum and do what I do for every forum on Ridemonkey - look for interesting topics, and only click on those.

You spend your whole day here. Why are you complaining about the extra two seconds it takes to click into another forum?

Shaddup. :mumble:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
binary visions said:

BV for the win, as usual.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
loco said:
I don't want to get bogged down reading about feta cheese in 9 threads is all.

It's not really road riding stuff, as it applies to urban and commuting too.

It's something that was said, due to something from the ride. That's all.
So make the friggin' thread. If it gets moved, which it probably won't, so what? If a few people were removed from this place it wouldn't require any moderation at all beyond removing spammers.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
DRB said:
Let's see how bad a mood Echo is in......

which few?
I am in far from a bad mood, rode my bike in to work and that always makes for a good day. You are a smart cookie, you can probably figure it out.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Echo said:
I am in far from a bad mood, rode my bike in to work and that always makes for a good day. You are a smart cookie, you can probably figure it out.
How can you be in a good mood? You got moderated and that's like the end of civilization. :rofl:

I'm making a list, checking it twice, gonna find out who's been naughty and nice......

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
SkaredShtles said:
Oh. I was confused. I thought you said "cuttie" not "cutie"...... :blah:
I have got to find someone who can show me how to use spellcheck...or at least look thing over once in awhile...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Whenever I am too lazy to post threads in the Beer & Food/Ride Reports/Racing or 29er Forums, I dump them in the Lounge.

They get a lot of views, some replies, then eventually moved by someone else.

It's a win-win.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
N8 said:
Whenever I am too lazy to post threads in the Beer & Food/Ride Reports/Racing or 29er Forums, I dump them in the Lounge.

They get a lot of views, some replies, then eventually moved by someone else.

It's a win-win.
As much as everyone loves to H8 on N8, I've never heard you whine about getting moderated.